Alarmingly enough, from the vibration, the three immediately knew where the source came from. And the situation would have been more dangerous and terrifyingly more disastrous for his children if Ezra did not do what he had done.

"Sweetheart, no matter what happened, remain here and never go outside. We'll handle things here. All you have to do is be safe."

Ezra tuck Vrylle and kiss her on the forehead before leaving the room, Everett was left with Vrylle as well.

With a laid back attitude, as if the happening outside has nothing to do with him, Everett just sat leisurely on the chair by Vrylle's side, crossed his long and slender legs, tenderly smiled at her, then pulled a book from his spatial item.

Vrylle had a hint what her kind and loving brother had in mind.

"You're not... I mean, in situation like this-"

"Relax, Vy. Just close your eyes and focus only in my voice. Sleep."

Vrylle felt incredulous and wanted to complain. However, when Everett started reading a few paragraphs on the first page of the book, she doesn't know why, but Vrylle felt some kind of energy gently pulling her eyelids close. Something warm and cozy then soon envelops her exhausted body, and she was unable to resist.

Completely defeated, in just a matter of few minutes, Vrylle falls asleep, breathing evenly.

"Sleep well, Vy."

Everett had no other choice but to use his skill, Seraphic Voice, to coax his stubborn sister to sleep. If he did not do so, he fears that Vrylle might be the one who'll 'coax' him to follow Ezra and be mixed with the fray outside.

And that was not a good thing.

With a helpless expression, Everett return the book inside his spatial item, which was also a ring, and touched his sister's forehead to test her temperature. Feeling that her fever has dropped, he smiles and leaned back on the chair, his expression instantly change to being impassive as he expanded his area of senses to know the happening outside.

What he sensed instantly made the look in Everett's eyes darken.

• • • • •

Meanwhile...

Ezra, who was standing on the corridor, had his brows tightly knitted as he saw the walls and floors were cracked, doors damaged. And when he walked towards the room next to Vrylle's and peek inside, because the upper and middle hinges of the door loosen causing it to ajar, Ezra sees that the glass windows were shattered, some furniture were toppled.

Yes, Ezra expected the explosion to be powerful, however, since someone has greatly minimized the explosion, Ezra thought that thing were, at least, a little better.

Who knows that the reality of it was not what he had expected it to be?

Having enough with those people making trouble whenever they want, Ezra run towards the source of the explosion to beat the crap out of them.

His eyes were cold enough to freeze.

As he reached the said room where its door's gone, its broken pieces littered the corridor in their area, and noticed that that room's floor has more cracks while some parts of the walls totally crumble, Ezra's cold eyes shifted to the six people who were isolated inside the barrier.

As a wind element himself, though it was transparent, Ezra could feel the same element of the barrier surrounding the devastated room, and the mana infused with it was something someone could not be taken lightly of.