She watched him, wondering if his shell of a mask would crack, and she nearly smiled when she watched his eyes flicker.

"Yeah, you wouldn't believe who his sensei is. And his teammates as a matter of fact." She sighed, carefully watching as his head slowly turned to meet hers. She looked into his midnight eyes, trying to detect any emotion, but none. They seemed so cold and distant, like you could drown in their sea of darkness. As she looked deeper into them, she could almost swear she saw curiosity. Maybe he wanted to know how Sasuke was doing. He was about to speak but was cut off by other voices.

"It seems you two are already awake." Kisame came over with a grin.

"This means we can leave immediately," said Sasori as everyone began walking towards the doors. Harumi could see Deidara glaring daggers at her, but she didn't care. If it helped avoid Sasori's wrath, she'd throw him under the bus a thousand times. They all left the building, an uncomfortable silence now there. Harumi looked at the trees passing by, they were so green and full of life, unlike her. She wondered if the rest were already aware of the mission she was supposed to complete.

~

It had been two days since they started traveling, and she came to know the others as...weird. They all had their weird quirks, but she had come to find out that they acted like normal people a lot of the time. Sure, they had their psycho moments where they talked about death like it was normal, but other than that, they seemed rather normal.

The invisible man hadn't shown up either in a while. It was hard to sleep for a few nights but last night was different. She fell asleep out of nowhere and she didn't remember how.

*Flashback*

"I think we should sleep here. We're all tired from our trip and it's almost midnight," Deidara said. The others agreed, it seemed everyone was tired. They all picked a tree in which they decided to sleep in, since there were no motels or abandoned buildings nearby.

Harumi picked a tree and it was unfortunately right across from Itachi's tree. She sighed, curling into a ball and laying against the bark, her eyes still wide open.

She looked up at the shining light above her head, 'well hello old friend' she wanted to say, but she felt as though it would come off as weird, so she refrained from doing it. She looked around, everything was so peaceful, and she wanted it to stay like that forever. Where the trees were a dark viridian green and the sky was pitch black, only lit up by the light of her friend and the stars.

When she was very young, she used to wonder 'is the moon not lonely, up there all by itself, no one to talk to?'. It was from then that she decided the moon would become her best friend. And the only other friend of the moon? Well it was the ocean of course. It relied on the moon to keep it calm, because without it, the oceans would argue with one another and clash against each other, causing waves and tsunamis. So, she decided to befriend the ocean as well, but it wasn't that hard since she always had a love of rivers and water itself.

She grew up a bit more and realized that the moon had even more friends than she thought, it just couldn't talk to them. The stars were too far from the moon to communicate with it, and the sun always left when the moon would come back. So she talked to the moon every night, telling it about her emotions, friends, life, family, problems, everything. She loved that it would keep each and every one of her secrets, and how it never complained and simply listened to her.

Thinking back on it, Harumi knew it was just a way for her small self to cope with everything going on around her. Still, the feeling that the moon was her friend still stuck with her, even now that she was much older.