Twenty Six

(tw: homophobia)

I ALWAYS TELL YOU THAT I HATE WHAT YOU'RE WEARING

I THINK I'VE TOLD YOU THAT FOUR TIMES THIS WEEK

[2.07]

Venus loved being in an actual band.

Since arriving home from the Paris trip, Venus demanded that all the band members come over to her house to discuss important things. Charlie, Michael, Aleena, Sahar and herself all met up at her house so they could all meet each other and finally get their band moving. The group was more chaotic than Venus was expecting but they all fit in well with each other. Everyone bounced off each other and learnt a lot about the music they all liked and wanted to play.

Due to Michael being a little weirder than the other's had expected, he stuck mostly with Venus. The brunette didn't mind, especially as it was clear to everyone that she was the leader of the band, so she always made sure he felt included and was happy to consider his speed skating schedule when discussing band rehearsal. He had the highest energy out of everyone and was really good on the keyboard, so he was a valuable member of the band in Venus' opinion.

Sahar, Venus learnt quickly, was a little more snarky and sarcastic than she originally let on. Venus loved it despite often bickering with her and Aleena about the smallest things. Sahar was incredibly thankful to Venus for thinking of her when it came to the band, explaining how being included in the band made her feel more apart of the large group. Venus had no idea how much of an impact it made on her but took it.

Aleena and Sahar were good friends from Higgs which definitely helped ease some of the awkwardness of the random group being brought together. Aleena was the quietest of the group but tended to come out of her shell after hanging out for a while. It always helped when Jay came to watch them rehearse, being a very good way for Aleena to grow a bit more confidence. But like with everyone else, Venus ensured she felt included and comfortable.

The unnamed band all worked well together and sounded amazing. After an awkward conversation with her mother, they received permission to turn Venus' garage into a place where they could rehearse their music. Her mother decided to say yes as long as she didn't have to be involved and that they worked around her working schedule since her job as a nurse demanded some long and strange hours. A deal was made and the group got to work.

Well, Venus didn't life a finger. She instead stood in her garage bossing around all her friends. Shawn and Nick moved all the heavy things into the garage including a mini fridge and two couches. Charlie's drum set, Venus' guitars and her mini keyboard were also moved into the room to stay while the others opted on bringing their instruments themselves. On the wall was a calendar so they could all figure out the schedule. There was also a few other random items that Venus brought down to make the room a little nicer as it was still a garage. Within two days, it had transformed into a great place to rehearse and common ground for their group to hang out.