Chapter Eight

(tw/cw: vomit at the start of the chapter)

YOUR DAD WOULD BE SO DIAPPOINTED IN YOU

YOU ARE EXACTLY WHO HE FEARED YOU'D BECOME

[1.04]

When Venus woke up the next morning, she was alone in Charlie's bed and her head was pounding. She let her eyes flutter open, squinting as she adjusted to the light pooling in through the window. Venus sat up and immediately regretted it, the girl throwing the covers off herself quickly.

Her head pounded and she could feel the rest of last night coming back up. She ran to the bathroom, throwing the door open and emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet. She heard footsteps approaching, hearing Tori's gentle voice try to soothe her as she placed a cup of water beside her. She held Venus' hair back, the girl not learning her lesson from the previous night as she leaned over the toilet.

She heard more footsteps, hoping it was Charlie to come comfort her. But when she turned her head, she saw not only Charlie, but Nick Nelson.

"Oh," Charlie said with a frown, having seen Venus in this position many times before, "Are you okay, Vee?"

Venus responded by turning back into the toilet, letting some more of the night before come up.

"Fucking peachy," she coughed.

"Just go, Charlie," Tori told him, "I'll take care of her."

Charlie gave her a look before walking into his room, leaving Venus to look at Nick. He paused upon seeing her state, wanting to go see if she was okay. She still had her dress on from the previous night but she looked a mess now. Her hair was being held back by Tori and her makeup was smudged around her eyes, as though she had been crying. He was surprised to see her give him a dark glare, pushing the door shut with her foot and putting a wall between the two.

"What was that all about?" Tori asked the girl, who leaned back over the toilet and gagged, spitting out her saliva.

"He's here to see Charlie," Venus told her as she thought about what she had heard the previous night, "Not me. So, how do you think my crush is going?"

"Oh," Tori frowned, "I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well, if I was going to feel shit about it, I'm glad it's today when I already feel like shit," Venus sighed, leaning back on the wall. She took the water that Tori offered her, sipping it slowly. "I keep wondering... if I had just told Charlie how I felt about him would things be different? Would he back off just for me?"

"I'm sure he would of," Tori said softly, "You should of just told him."

She sighed, flushing the toilet and letting Tori help her up. She moved to the bathroom, grabbing her toothbrush and putting some toothpaste on it.