Chapter Seventeen

I PROMISE I DON'T BITE ANYMORE

NOT TO DRAW BLOOD AT LEAST

[2.01]

"Oh my god, is this a real life supermodel that I'm seeing right now or is Imogen Heaney just the hottest piece of ass in Truham?!"

"No way! Is Venus King actually acknowledging my presence or am I just having the best dream ever?!"

Venus grinned, pushing Ben off the picnic table so she could take the seat next to Imogen. Ben rolled his eyes, making a point to huff as he moved to go talk to some of the boys behind them. Venus just made a face at him, flipping him off before turning back to Imogen.

"I need to see pictures of Brooklyn right now," Venus said excitedly.

Imogen grabbed out her phone, ready to show Venus some pictures. The brunette grabbed out her own phone, smiling down at the message Nick had sent her, not noticing Sai call out to the boy. It was when Imogen jumped out of her seat to go greet him that she realised he was approaching the girls.

"Here comes Captain Dipstick," Ben spoke as he watched the two.

Venus shot a dark glare at the boy, flipping him off before joining Imogen and Nick, the two girls linking arms as they found somewhere to sit away from the others. Imogen was quick to get out her phone and show the two pictures of her new dog.

"I named him Brooklyn because that's where I want to live someday, and I want him to meet Nellie so they can be best friends!" Imogen told the two with a big smile, flipping through the many photos she had taken of her new dog. "And obviously, Venus has to come over so he can love her. I know you're a cat person but I've seen the photos of you and Nellie so I know you're good with dogs."

"He's absolutely adorable," Nick told her honestly.

"We're still friends, aren't we?" Imogen asked him, "I promise I don't fancy you anymore. And I'm sorry for snapping at you when Venus was off school because I knew about you crushes on each other."

"Wait, what?" Venus blinked.

"Yeah. I still wanna be friends," Nick assured her.

"Can we circle back to Imogen snapping at you please?" Venus asked, looking between the two.

"No," the two chorused.

Venus rolled her eyes, "You guys suck."

"Also, I fancy someone else now," Imogen told them. Neither of them noticed her eyes linger on Venus before turning to look at Nick, determined not to get caught.

"Shut up!" Venus gasped, forgetting about whatever the two were hiding from her, "How could you not tell me?"

"Really?" Nick asked, equally as surprised as Venus, "Who?"