Twenty Two

[ minor tw/cw for charlie's eating disorder in this chapter. also some steamy making out at the end but obvi nothing too crazy ]

OR YOU COULD JUST THINK ABOUT THOSE GIRLS I TALKED TO TODAY

OH, FUCK IT

[ 2.04 ]

Nick was in his room with Otis, Christian and Sai. The energy was high as they unpacked their belongings and talked about the fact that they were about to spend a night in Paris. Nick was a little distracted, texting Venus on his phone with a smile, ignoring the conversation around him. His smile on his face made it clear he was talking to a girl and all of his friends knew exactly the girl that was on his mind.

"Hey Nick," Otis spoke, giving his friends knowing glances, "You know what I think?"

"What?" Nick asked, looking up from the message Venus had sent him.

"I think that Paris is the perfect place for you to finally make a move on Venus," Otis spoke, "You two have had this weird vibe since the sports day and it's time you man up and confess."

"Oh!" Nick's cheeks flushed, "I mean – yeah – maybe not – I don't know."

"Mate, she's into you," Christian told him, "If you like her, you should tell her. She has a pretty short attention span when it comes to her crushes."

"Um, actually," Nick cleared his throat, "I've been meaning to tell you guys something... about Venus and I."

The boys shared knowing looks.

"We're actually going out," Nick explained, "Um, we're keeping it pretty private so don't go around telling people, but I just wanted you guys to know. But yeah, she's actually already my girlfriend."

"Oh my god," Sai said, convincing absolutely no one that this news was shocking, "How long?"

"Since sports day," Nick smiled softly.

"Yes!" Otis cheered, clapping his hands together, "Pay up, boys!"

Nick watched as the other two groaned, handing Otis some money out of their wallets. Nick was confused to what was going on, feeling as though his announcement was not as surprising as he thought it would be.

"Damn Nick," Christian groaned, "I really thought you two were hooking up way before that."

"I bet that it was only official when she got back from her track competition," Sai groaned, "Damn, you move quick."

"You bet on Venus and I?" Nick asked, shocked.

"You two were so obvious," Otis grinned, "I mean, come on."

"Her notes that she let me use also have your name written in hearts all across the margins," Sai added, "And you walked around with those notes all the time and we all know you aren't writing notes with pink gel pens."