VI.

⛥ ⎯⎯ ୨ A GOOD GIRL ୧ ⎯⎯ ⛥

♫ - Desperado by Rihanna

HER HAZEL EYES SCAN The surroundings, taking in every tiny detail of the place

HER HAZEL EYES SCAN The surroundings, taking in every tiny detail of the place. The wavy brown hair of hers lies on her shoulders, matching perfectly with her red lipstick.

She wears a black dress this time. The fabric empathizes her curvy body beautifully, making her look like a perfect statue. However, one would definitely not expect the sharp knife below it, which is strapped around her thigh. Having colleagues accompany her is one thing, but being alone as a woman in a club like this is another.

She sighs. If Caleb would find out about this, he would definitely freak out. However, he doesn't know about it. And this is what counts for her. The big ego and pride of hers are not going to let the crimes of Sukuna slide this easily. And she wants to be the one laughing into his face when she brings him behind bars.

"Hey, honey, are ya alone here?"

Ignoring the flirt attempts of the drunk people, she walks through the crowd with confident strides. While squeezing through the crowd, she notices how much she dislikes clubs like these. So many sweaty and drunk people on one place, too loud music which doesn't suit her taste, and drugs lying around everywhere.. No, this is definitely not something she would enjoy.

She clears her throat as she walks through the clouds of smoke, trying to get to a place where she can have a view of the people.

As she arrives on a bar counter she leans against it and gazes around. The smell of alcohol and drugs rises into her nostrils.
She looks up at the separated place where she has last seen Sukuna sitting on his armchair. However, as she searches for the man she doesn't find him on his seat.

Massaging her temple, she sighs deeply before turning around to the bartender. In frustration she orders a small drink, knowing very well that she only invests money into him by doing this. However, how would all this money help him when she finally arrests him, right?

She sips the delicious drink and looks around, observing the place when all of a sudden someone grabs her from behind. The person holds her waist and head tightly, pressing a white cloth on her mouth. Her glass falls to the ground, breaking into pieces as it hits the shiny floor.

With a swift movement she grabs her knife, stabbing it into the man's thigh. Thus he winces in pain and lets her go, holding onto his bleeding leg.
She pulls the knife out of his leg again before staggering a few steps away from him. As she gets into a fighting stance her body sways slightly. Her sight becomes slightly blurry and she begins to feel dizzy. The grip around her knife tightens as she tries to hold onto her consciousness. However, the poison, which was on the white cloth, seems to work slowly on her.

Her breathing becomes heavier and heavier, her knife falling down to the floor. Gulping, her gaze darts around. Her legs wobble slightly and she tries to hold onto the bar counter. All noises and the music fade out, her breathing being the only thing she's able to hear at this point. She can only see a blurred version of what's happening around her until she finally falls into a slumber. Her body falls down to the floor, but no one seems to catch what's happening.

Except the man whom she had stabbed into the leg. He picks her up and carries her somewhere else, disappearing in the darkness.

Jocelyn feels a stingy pain in her head as she opens her eyes, being greeted by red orbs in the darkness. Gasping softly, she looks at him with a surprised and startled expression which makes the man even more amused than he already is.

"So you're awake." Sukuna growls with his deep voice before sitting down on a chair across from her. Two men in black suits stand behind him with a straight posture and folded hands in front of their manly bodies.
With a mere hand movement he gestures them to leave the dim lighted room so that he can have her all to himself now.

She gulps and feels how dry her throat is. Looking at him in irritation, she notices the tight ropes around her body which hold her onto the chair she's sitting on. She looks at them and squirms slightly, gritting her teeth as she looks up into his eyes again. Her hazel eyes are filled with anger.

"Don't worry, darling. I won't hurt you." he utters with a cunning smirk on his face as he gently lifts her chin with the blade of her sharp knife. "Not yet."

She snorts and rolls her eyes at him, trying to show off how tough she can be. "Worried? I'm not worried." she scoffs, "You should be the one worrying. Once I get out of here I will bring you behind bars." She narrows her brows as she says this, but the man can only reply with an amused and deep laugh which sends a shiver down her spine.

Putting the knife back into his pant pocket, he laughs menacingly. His eyes glow red and he leans closer to her face, grabbing her chin tightly with his rough and big hand. The black and sharp nails of his dig into her soft skin.
"Who says I'll let you leave without permission?" he questions with amusement, however, a tone of dominance is apparent in his voice. His wide smirk reveals his sharp and white teeth.

"You shouldn't mess with a woman like me." she utters firmly, glaring at him with her cold and piercing eyes.

He bites his lip at her response while pulling his hand back, stroking his chin while he muses her face. Interest and amusement washes over his face expression as he stays unfazed from her threat.
"I've heard about you, woman." he replies, "You're the best detective here in New York, aren't you? Jocelyn Black..."

Jocelyn doesn't answer and listens to what he speaks, gulping slightly as her eyes dart all over his masculine and tattooed face.

He leans closer again, taking a strand of her dark brown hair and twirling it around his index finger. "You're known for your good and honorable work." he utters with a low voice, his breath brushing her skin, "But I know something about you that the people don't know."

She raises her brows in surprise and confusion.

"A weakness." he adds.

Uneasiness creeps up inside her veins and her breathing becomes slightly shallow. Even though her mind tries to not react at all, her body language unfortunately does the talking for her. A drop of sweat rolls down her temple while she stays silent, looking into the red eyes of the male.

"You can see.. unordinary creatures, can't you?"

Her eyes wide instantly as he states that, causing her body to freeze completely. Memories rush through her mind and her breathing increases slightly.

"Not every human can see them." he explains with his deep voice which vibrates in her ears. His finger plays with her hair as he casually talks to her while she is almost having an anxiety attack. "Creatures that are born from negative feelings and desires of people.." His cunning smirk never leaves his lips. He is definitely enjoying the fear in her eyes as he sees her cold facade breaking slightly. "Creatures that kill and devour humans.."

".. and once attacked you and your family."

With wide eyes she stares into his red ones. Her red lips are slightly parted and a soft breathing escapes them. With every breath she takes her chest slightly moves up and down. Her cold hands tremble slightly and she clears her throat before she tries to speak up again.

"What the hell do you want?" she questions irritatedly, narrowing her brows in anger.

He chuckles softly and deeply, pulling her closer by her strand of hair. "Oh honey, you're going to be my new plaything." he purrs, "A plaything that'll help me with something. Just like the good girl you are."

"What if I don't?"

"You will," he answers her question with confidence as his expression darkens, "You don't wanna see no curses in your house, do you?"