Matt and Ares will search the classrooms and get any people that got left behind out. The rest of us will wait for the Russians.

"Great!" Emery smiles, just as a thought strucks me.

"Fuck..." I mutter and take out my phone, "Noah."

"What about him?" Atlas wonders.

"They must've gone to the house first! That's the first place I would look if I was searching for my son. My damn enemy's house! And do you know who's in that house? Noah! Fuck, fuck, fuck! He's not picking up the house phone."

"Athena, relax." Ares tries to calm me down, "Maybe the guys took him out. Let's not worry before we're sure something is wrong. Let me try to call them." He says, walking away and taking out his phone.

I turn to Gray, just as he reaches out for me. "If something has happened to him..."

"Nothing has happened... Hey look at me. Everything is okay. We would have known if the house had been attacked. He is okay. " He whispers at the same time as Ares does.

"He is okay?" I repeat.

"Yeah, the guys took him out for ice-cream. That's why nobody was picking up the phone. I warned them to lay low. He is fine."

"Ice cream? He's fucking sick, for God's sake..."

"Athena." Atlas warns and I roll my eyes.

"So," Matt claps his hands while grinning, "Are we ready for some action?"

We all laugh at him while Appolo mumbles a quiet 'psychopath'.

"Alright, where should we meet you after we check the place out?" Ares asks.

"Meet us at the cafeteria. Two entrances, big room, lots of places to hide." I reply with a nod.

"And if they attack before we're finished?"

"Then I guess it won't be hard to find us."

We all share one final look and I hug my two best friends.

"Be safe." I call after them as they walk off.

It's not long after that when we hear the fire alarm blaring loudly and students shouting and running out. Ares and Matt wait for a couple of minutes before they leave as well to complete their task.

The rest of us start heading towards the cafeteria. The hallways are empty and the floors are turning slippery from the water raining down on us.

We make sure to be quick, as we make our way through the school. Eyes sharp and guns raised we stay on high alert since the alarm is still going off.

Before we know it we reach the cafeteria.

Our first warning should have been that the door was locked. Because who in their right state of mind would stop to lock a door during an emergency.

Then, the alarm stops.

We start to form a semicircle, with our backs to the door and our guns pointed towards the hallway. Me and Gray on the left, Atlas and Apollo on the right.

If anything was to happen right now we would be trapped. There are no windows and we are standing in the middle of a very long hallway.

We wait for a few seconds but nothing happens. I try to search for a possible way out, just incase of an emergency. Apart from an air vent a couple of feet away, the closest room to us is the gym.

"What is going on?" Atlas whispers. "Should we move?"

"And go where?" Apollo asks.

That's when our second and final warning comes.

A scream.

And a gunshot.

Atlas falls to his knees.

Gray rushes over to him.

They both put pressure on the wound.

There's blood.

There's blood everywhere.

Volkov is standing at the end of the hallway with his gun raised and a stupid cruel smirk on his face.

I'm frozen in my spot because there is so much blood.

It's on the floor, on the wall, on Gray's and Atlas' hands...

And on Apollo. Apollo is covered in blood.

-----------------

I know I keep ending my chapters on cliffhangers but I can't help myself. I'd like to thank all of you guys that continue to read my story despite my messed up schedule. Who am I kidding, there's no schedule. So here is another chapter because someone asked for an update a couple of hours back. Vote and comment! Thank you!

-A