Court!

Nia's Court Date:
Jay's POV:
"Dad, I'm nervous." Nia whispers as she sits on a chair between me Toni
"You'll be fine hon, you can sit on my lap if you want." I pull my chair out a little
The 13 year old sits in my lap. I hold my arms around her waist.
"The court is now in session!" The judge exclaims, "Miss Jackson, please state your reason for suing for custody if your daughter? After all, custody of her was removed from you 10 years ago due to drug use."
"My daughter was kidnapped and taken to Iowa whilst in the care of her father! It's because of him and his wife that she was taken!" Jaymie exclaims, "their job! Their life is dangerous for Nia!"
"Mr Halstead?" The judge asks
I gently ease Nia off my lap and stand.
"Your honour, Nia's taking was nothing to do with her living with me. The man who took her, we've never heard of, he is not in our systems, none of our case files. This was a spontaneous attack." I explain, "when she and her siblings were gone,I didn't sleep, I was barely eating. I just wanted my kids home safe! My unit did everything they could to find her. It was a miracle when Nia called."
"Miss Halstead?" The judge calls upon Nia.
"My dad and mom didn't have anything to do with the kidnapping." Nia exclaims, " I know that for a fact."
"Please explain!" The judge orders
"When my siblings were all asleep, the two men were sitting in the front seats." Nia replies, "I asked them why they took us, they replied saying that all of our other parents, so my biological mom, Mylah's biological mom, Saxsons Biological Dad and Sorayah's Biological dad, had hired them to take us through the states then back into Chicago to where they were waiting to take us to live with them!"
"Miss Jackson, is this true?" The judge asks
"Of course not!" Jaymie replies angrily
"Going on evidence stated here today, it is my ruling that Nia Halstead shall stay with her father and stepmother!" The judge rules
"This is a disgrace, she is my daughter, she belongs with me!" Jaymie exclaims
"I'm not your daughter, I never will be!" Nia tells her.
"Your honour!" Antonio stands up, "I have something for you, these are papers stating that Hailey Anne Upton-Halstead wishes to formally adopt Nia Serenity Halstead. With permission from Jay Halstead and Nia Halstead!"
"Hand them here!" The judge asks
Antonio does so before the judge reads them. We wait patiently
"I have made a decision, based on the information given, and what I have learnt, I authorise the adoption of Nia Halstead! Her parents are Jay and Hailey Halstead!" The judge smiles and Stamps a certificate. Hailey walks down with the others and Nia hugs her and I. We collect the Certificate and then head home.

A/N: ok, my mind is currently out of order. School is hard. The other court sessions are the same and soon all the kids are legally kids to Jay And Hailey. Thanks -H💗