School morning.

Jay's POV:
"Nia, wake up honey!" I shake my teenage daughter's shoulder, "time for school!"
"Hmmm?" She opens her eyes, "morning dad!"
"Morning, get dressed for me then go downstairs, Hails is making breakfast." I smile, "I'm gonna wake up Myla."
She nods and I leave her room. I walk down to Myla's room. I walk in and see the little girl asleep, thumb in her mouth. I bend down beside her.
"Myla honey, wake up for daddy." I murmur softly
She reaches for me and I lift her up and hold her against my chest as she continues to suck on her thumb and hold her stuffed penguin to her chest. I walk over to her dresser and get out a yellow top and pink pants. The top says daddy's princess. I dress her before carrying her downstairs. Hailey is making breakfast.
"Morning MyMy." Hails smiles
"Hi Haiwey" Myla smiles
Soon Hailey's kids come downstairs.
"Morning mom, Jay!" Her eldest, Saxson smiles
"Hi mommy, hi JayJay," Her youngest, Sorayah murmurs, looking sad
"Rayah, you ok baby?" Hailey asks, serving up everyone's breakfast.
"I had scawy dweem!" She cries
"Aww, come here!" Hailey holds her arms out,
The six year old runs to her mom. Hailey lifts her up.
"Sax, your breakfast is next to your sister," Hailey exclaims
"She is not my sister!" Sax grunts and walk over and eats.
"Uh, No! I'm not having him as my brother!" Nia exclaims
"Nia Serenity Halstead!" I growl
"Sorry Dad." She finishes her breakfast.
"Alright, get your bags packed, we need to go!" I exclaim
The kids pack thier bags and my phone rings.
"Halstead!" I answer
"Is this Jay Halstead?" The caller asks
"Yes!" I reply
"Hi, this is Jane from Little suns daycare facility! Just letting you know that the daycare is closed for maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience." The caller exclaims
"No problem, thanks,bye!" I end the call
"What was that!" Hailey asks, helping Rayah get her bag on
"Daycare closed, Myla's gonna have to come in with us." I sigh
"No fair! I wanna go with you guys!" Rayah stomps her foot.
"Sorayah Marie Upton, go out the the car NOW!" Hailey exclaims
Rayah runs out. I grab my keys and we walk out, locking the door behind us. We get in as Nia slides in form buckling up Myla. I drive to the high school. Saxson and Nia slide out.
"Bye kids! Have a good day, we love you." I smile
"Bye Dad, Bye Hails, Love you guys!" She walks off.
"Bye Mom, Bye Jay! Love you too!" Saxson slides the van door shut.
We drive to the kindergarten. Hails walks Sorayah in. I wait in the car with Myla. Hailey returns and I drive us to the 21st. Myla is being clingy today so I carry her in. Trudy sees us and her face lights up.
"Myla!" She smiles
"Hi auntie Trudy!" She whispers
"We're a bit clingy today," I exclaim
She nods and I buzz us up. We walk up to the bullpen. Everyone turns
"Why is MyMy here?" Hank asks
"Daycare is closed, and she is clingy!" I sigh
Hank nods, "paperwork!"
I sit in my chair and hold Myla, who had now fallen asleep, against my chest. I get to work. Soon Hank runs. I mean RUNS out.
"Shooting at Chicago High!" He exclaims
"Oh my god! That's Nia and Saxson's school!" I exclaims as I sit myla in my chair whilst I put on my jacket
I lift her up again and run down to the car. I sit her in the back and we drive to the school. We leave Myla and hop out. We run to the CPD tent.
"Two shooters holding a class hostage. All other classes are evacuated. We've got the list of kids in there." The chief exclaims, "Lyla Austen, Mia Bernstein, Lucas Bernstein, Lilah Cort, Serenity Dames, Jack Geter, Nia Halstead, Jackson Ianton, Mia Jensen. Louie Kingston, Jake Ordelli, Narita Samson, Saxson Upton, and Liam White!"
"Both of them are in there!" Harley turns to me crying
I hug her. Gunshots ring out. Everyone runs in. We go to follow but see Nia and Sax being dragged into a van! We run towards but then I see them throw myla in and speed away. We run to the car.
"Rayah's school! Go go go!" Hailey bangs the dashboard.
I floor it with lights flashing, sirens blaring. We pull up. We are there just in time to see the van speed away. I slam my hands down on the steering wheel!
"Fuck!" I yell
"Let's go back to 21." Hailey whispers, crying
I nod and drive us back there. We walk up and I keep an arm around Hailey, both of us emotional.
"Hey, you guys ok?" Trudy calls
"No, the kids were taken." I choke out a sob
"Oh my god! Garcia, watch the desk." Trudy walks around and we all walk upstairs. Everyone turns.
"Yo you ok?" Kev asks
"No, all the kids got taken!" Hailey whispers
"Oh, Sarge, you better come out here!" Kim calls
Hank walks out and Kim walks over to him and explains the situation.
"This is our case now? Okay? No other cases! At all!" Hank exclaims, "Upton, Halstead, you can stay in the break room or bullpen but your off the case!"
I nod and take Hailey into the break room. I sit on the couch and Hailey sit sideways on my lap. I hold her against my chest and we cry softly. I decide to call will.
"Hey Jay, what's up?" He answers
"Uh, I've got you on speaker phone, it's just me and hails. The kids were taken." I tell him
"Oh god! Uh, uh! I'm on shift!" He stutters
"It's ok, finish your shift then come to 21! We're gonna probably be staying here till we find them." I exclaim, "love you brother!"
"Love you too Jay!" Will ends the call.
I put my phone away. Hours later, no leads, will arrives. We console each other a little then are sent home by hank!