Custody

A month later
Jays pov:
I'm working on paperwork as platt comes up with four men in suits.
"Halstead! Upton!" She calls
Me and Hailey both get up. We walk over. Two men step forward first.
"Hailey Upton Halstead!" They exclaim, "you have been served!"
They hand her two yellow envelopes.
"Jay Halstead, You have been served!" The other two hand me two yellow envelopes.
We nod and sit back down. Platt takes them out. Hailey and I open them at the exact same time. I read over mine.

Jay Halstead,
This is a legal document outlining that Jaymie Jackson is suing for sole custody of your daughter, Nia Serenity Halstead. Court date is 19/7/24. You are required to attend at 9:30am. You will require a lawyer! Miss Halstead is required to be there as well! But she will remain with you.

Mr James Linters
Signed: JLinters
Date: 31/6/24

I start tearing up and read the second one, only for it to be the same as the first except the date is 20/7/24. Hailey looks up. She is crying. We both get up and hug. She cries into my shoulder. I kiss her head, tears dripping down my face.
"Yo everything good dawg?" Kev asks
"The Kids' other biological parents are suing for sole custody of them." I explain, holding Hailey in my arms.
"Im gonna tell Sarge." Burgess exclaims before slipping into Voights office.
I rub Hailey's back, "we'll be ok."
She nods, stand up properly and wipes her face. Burgess walks out with Voight.
"I'm going to call a lawyer for you guys. You'll like him." Voight exclaims before disappearing into his office again.
I take Hailey into the break room and sit on the couch. Hailey sits beside me and lies her head on my lap.
"They can't take our babies, they can't!" Hailey cries.
"Shhhh!" I soothe.
I soon see none other than Antonio Dawson walk up. I heard he's in family law now.
"Babe, the lawyer is here." I exclaim
She nods and hops up. I hold her hand and we walk out.
"Hey tonio!" I smile
He comes over and man hugs me. I chuckle softly.
"Could I have the paperwork?" He asks
I nod and get them from Hailey and I's desks. I pass them too him.
"Alright, I can do you both because they are all on different dates. I can come over to your guys' house after you guys finish if you want to make it easier." He nods
"Yes, the kids will be excited to see you." Hailey smiles
"Alright, I'll see ya later! Bye guys." Toni waves and heads out.
"Yo T, how's Gabby?" I call
"She's good, she has 3 kids!" Toni runs back up and drags me into the hallway, "don't tell Casey but she's coming back to Chicago in a month, one of them. Her eldest, Milliana, is his kid. Gabby fell pregnant just after she left for the last time. She looks just like him. Don't tell anyone!"
"I've got you brother." I smile and he nods and runs out.
I walk back out. We continue on paperwork before heading home. We see Toni in his car across the road. We get out and he gets out.
"Come on Dawson." I smile and unlock the door.
"Nia, Myla, Saxson, Sorayah! We're home." I call
"Mommy! daddy!" Rayan and Myla run to us.
"Hey babies!" We hug them.
"Uncle Tonio!" Nia and Saxson run for him
"Hey you guys, your grown now!" He chuckles.
They both nod.
"We'll start with Nia." Toni exclaims
"Ok, Sax take your sisters into the playroom and close the door." Hailey tells him
"Kay Mom," Saxson leads the little ones away.
"Mom, Dad, I'm scared." Nia tells us
"Come sit down in the couch hon." I lead her over
We all sit on the couch.
"What's happening?" Nia asks
"Uh, your biological Mom, is suing for sole custody of you. Meaning you will be taken away from us and your siblings if she wins." I explain
"No!" Nia cries and buries her head into my neck, "don't let her take me daddy!"
"I'm gonna do everything I can, and Uncle Tonio will help." I soothe
She nods. She wipes her face.
"Go get Sax," I kiss her head
She runs into the other room. Sax comes in. Hailey explains his situation. He cries into her shoulder. Then it's time for the little ones. Sax sends both in at once.
"Hey Babies." I pat the couch and they come up.
I hold Mylah and Haley holds Rayah.
"Wots wong dada?" Mylah asks, "mama?"
"MyMy, you know how Mommy came around a year ago?" I gently explain
She nods
"Well, there is another person who used to be your mommy, and she wants to take you away from me!" I tell her softly
"Nooo!" Mylah cries
"Mommy, do I have another daddy that wants to take me away?" Rayah asks
"Yeah baby." Hailey sighs
Rayah clings to her.
We sigh and Tonio goes over some paperwork with us and then leaves. We have dinner with the kids and have a group sleepover in the lounge room.