15th Kyoto Krush

The Kyoto Krush is a tournament that happens once every two years. It is used to entertain the King, as it always falls on the monarch's birthday. Usually it is won by the same person, Mun'Naito Draceon, but as of 4 years ago, he had officially announced his retirement, allowing many more exciting fights to take place, and people to show their abilities.

However, the battle wasn't what lured Valk in. The prize was.

"For this year, the prize is a scroll from the legendary Miyamoto Clan!"

Valk's face darkened, and he rushed to the signups, dragging all his friends along with him.

"We have to win that scroll at any costs."

"But why?" Rai was perplexed, he wouldn't even be able to fight due to his situation.

"I need that scroll. I'll tell you why eventually."

By now the group were putting together the pieces of where Valk truly came from. A boy who looked nothing like those around him, who wielded two swords, and refused to talk about his clan. He was a Miyamoto.

"Fine. We'll do this for you."

The squad waited impatiently for the battle to begin, and just as they were about to leave, they heard the announcer speak once again.

"THE FIRST ROUND OF THE KYOTO KRUSH HAS BEGUN!"

They jumped up, excited at the chance to finally show off their power to one another, and gauge who was the strongest out of them.

"IT WILL BE A FREE-FOR-ALL, UNTIL ONLY 16 ARE LEFT STANDING! BEGINN!"

Upon the battle starting, around 100 people were instantly flung out of the arena or knocked out and disqualified, but still, at least 50 people remained, and many more may be hiding under the piles of unconscious people.

Juuzou began weaving Hirakana bombs, attaching them to people's clothes and making combo attacks, allowing her to fling them off when she finished. Rai used his stunt double ability to get easy eliminations by pretending to be easy to push off, just for his clone to self sacrifice.

Valk and Hima steamrolled through their competition, eliminating all the fodder, allowing for a pretty uneventful battle.

"ROUND 2 WILL BEGIN SHORTLY AS THE BRACKETS ARE DRAWN!"

The 16 were taken to a backroom, and made to draw slots.

The following went as such.

Valk vs Ryuzali

Rai vs Kyro

Juuzou vs Xavier

Zenon vs Hiraima

Lycan vs Jarean

Hoski vs Heirai

Frederick vs James

Hima vs Komori

Round 2, Slot 1 began, and the two were off. Ryuzali was a peekaboo fighter, turtling and blocking until she was able to launch a fierce barrage with her rapier.

"You're not from here, are you?"

"Hmm? What gave it away, my looks?"

She scoffed at him, and proceeded back to blocking.

"Your blade gave it away. No one here uses a rapier, know why?"

"Enlighten me, honoured one."

Instantly, he dashed forward to shorten the distance, and moved to her left, in headbutt range of her.