10-Ezra

Slamming my hand down on the annoying alarm clock effectively breaking it. "Damnit." I groaned out in annoyance. That was the fifth clock I broke already. Sitting up in bed, I yawned and stretched my arms out. My room was pretty small with a twin bed up against the left wall of the room. An oak desk on the opposite side of the room with a matching oak chair. Sweaters and a few clothing draped over the back of the chair. A small nightstand next to the bed that held a broken clock with a lamp beside it. The floor littered with textbooks, papers and a worn out grey backpack.

The door to my room opened revealing a tall man that was in his mid twenties. His blonde hair covering the right side of his head in a wavy mess. He looked to the nightstand with a frown. "Come on Ezra, how many times am I going to replace your alarm clock? I'm not a rich man." I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head.

"Sorry Rick, I didn't mean to. It kinda just happened." He sighed and shook his head. Having heard all the excuses I came up with as to why I did something.

"Well hurry up now. Don't want to be late for school today." I jumped out of bed rushing to my closest for a change of clothes. Then past Rick, my guardian, to the bathroom. Washing up and grooming myself properly. Now that I have gotten used to being in a new home. I've lived with Rick for about a year now. At first it was difficult getting used to the idea of him being my guardian. I was grieving over losing both my parents and baby brother. And getting used to only seeing Alec at school instead of all the time at home.

The elder council says it was a freak accident on how my parents passed. I believe differently but no one would hear me out or believe me. As for my baby brother, he just went missing. There was no body, no blood, nothing. The elder council says he perished too. But even old dogs can't be trusted. They look weak and fragile but they can still bite.

"Ezra you better get a move on or you won't have any breakfast!" Rick yelled from somewhere downstairs. I pulled a black t-shirt over my head that had words that said 'big bad wolf' in bold white letters. A pair of grey cargo pants followed by my socks and shoes. Towel drying my short wild red hair. Staring at my reflection, baby blue eyes shining brightly in defiance. Resembling a matching pair that will no longer shine again. That would no longer look down at me with pride. Shaking out of my depressing thoughts.

"You got this Ez, show everyone that you aren't weak. Show them you are a true wolf and leader. You're going to be the new Alpha in a few more years." I told myself. Feeling confident after my little pep talk. I made my way downstairs to the dinning room where I scarfed my food down in a hurry.

"Hey slow it down kid. You're going to choke eating like that." Rick laughed out and ruffled my already messy hair. I looked to see he was now fully dressed in a suit minus the jacket. His normal unruly hair combed and in a bun revealing his scarred face. Each scar starting at his temple down past his ear. Even a chunk of his ear was missing. He got it saving a kid from a rogue wolf. He never went into full details about that day. But I was okay with not really knowing.

Rick was also the only young council member that was willing to take me in and care for me. He's a nice guy really, I only wished he wasn't so uptight at times. We finished our breakfast and made our way over to the public middle school. Once there I said my goodbyes and ran over to my friends. Zack was my best friend and a good one at that. He was socially awkward at first and quiet. I somehow managed to get him out of his shell. I learned later on that he was incredibly smart and into soccer, which was cool. He also has trypophobia, which is a fear of small holes or something like that. Sometimes I tease him about it.

Elizabeth or Liz, as she calls herself, is like a sister I never had. A total opposite of me. I liked baggy jeans and t-shirts. Whereas she loved her skirts and dresses. She could be sassy at times but is super sweet and caring. I believe she would be a mother hen when we get older. With her constant worrying and whining about how dirty we got.