The Escape

THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN SIGNED

THE WORLD IS NOT AS IT SHOULD BE
IT IS FILLED WITH DISTORTION
AS IT IS, ' RUIN ' IS INEVITABLE

THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO OPPOSE FATE
THOSE WHO SEEK CHANGE
THEY APPEAR FROM TIME TO TIME
COMMONLY THEY ARE KNOWN AS...
THE WILD CARD.

HOWEVER, EVEN AMONG THEM
YOU ARE UNIQUE
YOU ARE... THE TRICKSTER

IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO RISE
CONQUER THE ABYSS OF DISTORTION
SHOW ME THAT THERE IS STILL HOPE
FOR THIS CORRUPTED HUMAN RACE

The lake water at night was a black trembling canvas, for in such a starless moonless night when the sky could only be of an abyssal black, the sea could reflect nothing except the most vibrant of colors

The lake water at night was a black trembling canvas, for in such a starless moonless night when the sky could only be of an abyssal black, the sea could reflect nothing except the most vibrant of colors. Such colors were of the bright neon lights that adorned the walls, shone from the windows and search lights shining from the floor at the shore around that magnificent building. The colors mixed together in a chaotic harmony, all clashing and piling on each other at the shore, surrounding that one building that overlooked the seaside. It was a fantastic casino, one that stretched across the shore, adorned with the enticingly lit sign that read "❝𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐎❞", above which a statue of an attractive woman was positioned , wearing a hat that curved forward to cover her face, while she raised a scale that was tipped to the side by carrying the letters 'W' , 'I' , and 'N' on it. The building itself was surrounded by police cars, SWAT vehicles, copters and many many officers, some were regular police officers with their tasers and pistols ready, some were specialized agents with assault rifles and even UZI guns, wearing black coats and blacker glasses. The men in black infiltrated the casino first, forcing their way through the crowd and shoving aside anyone that got in their way. Their feet sternly stomping the money and ticket-covered ground, while their hands were close to their communication devices at their ears, as they eyed their surroundings sternly, looking left and right, and up above them. Their presences earned them a few suspicious and concerned gazes from the many visitors of the of the casino, and soon every gambling session came to an abrupt stop, as women huddled closer to their partners in fear of what those agents were going to do, the guests tried to steer clear of those men, their backs to the walls or the machines and their hands at the tables.

" Who... Who are those men... ? " One wary accountant said, his eyes following them warily as they stomped their way past him and those around him

" They... They're not going to arrest us, are they... ? " One nervous woman muttered in fear, her hand clutched into a fist and brought up just above her chest, seemingly for reassurance.

" Ahaha... N-no way... " The man next to her said, with a short shaky laughter in a futile attempt to mask his anxiety. Even he could tell that wasn't convincing enough, as he tried to loosen the tension in his shirt and bowtie with his hand, he added " we didn't... We didn't do anything wrong... R-right ? "