𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝

Start from the beginning

There was no reason to take you with him, was there?

"No, actually, you see, there is something terribly wrong, Mr. Sparrow! I want to know your purpose on the Isla de Muerta!", you exclaimed with a sudden force in your voice, "And I demand to know why I am of any value to you! I'm not a sailor nor a pirate, and certainly no one you want to stand by your side in battle. So, what is it, that you want from me?"

"(y/n) is right, Jack! You owe us an explanation. Why did she come with us?", Will requested to know too.

You had completely forgotten that he was still sitting behind you on the second bench of the longboat.

While you had talked yourself into your little rage, you had forgotten everything around you, including the spooky island and the pitch-black water. You had only concentrated on Jack Sparrow in front of you.

Now, Will had turned his head towards the two of you to be part of the conversation, or more of your attempt of a cross-examination. But Jack wasn't the least bit impressed or intimidated by it.

He just looked at you with an expression, you couldn't read. Then he squinted his eyes on you.

"My dear (y/n), even though I am very pleased by your great interest in my life, I must inform you that your concerns are of a superfluous nature. Every of my purpose is already known to you. It is my greatest intention to save Willyboy's dolly belle and take revenge on my mutinous first mate. Your purpose in this matter is simple: I thought it would be pleasant for Will's lass to have a woman of similar background and class present when being saved, savvy?", Jack explained and gasped for air. He had talked very fast and slurred and you had to concentrate to grasp everything he had said.

"Now will you please quieten down and stop the chattering. You don't want Barbossa to hear us, do ye?", he continued talking with closed eyes and a displeased expression on his face.

"And it's just Jack for you, love."

You were stunned and too confused to be embarrassed about his last words and so was Will. What Jack had said didn't sound stupid or thoughtless at all. Something, you hadn't really expected from him.

But there was something off about his little speech. Something he had said, had completely thrown you off track. But you couldn't get a grip of what. Just one tiny little detail that doesn't match, you thought.

"Alright Jack, alright", Will said to calm things down.

You, on the other hand, were deep in thoughts wondering about Jack's words and nearly missed that you were now approaching the Isla de Muerta.

A black cave mouth was ahead of you, ready to devour you like the gates of hell. Shivers ran down your spine and you felt the uneasiness you had already felt earlier approaching again. It felt like all your courage disappeared in the presence of this island and you imagined the wildest creatures to emerge from the cave.

But Jack and Will didn't stop rowing. You got closer and closer to the monstrous hole in the stone wall and then slowly slipped through.

For a few meters the light still shone through the cave entrance, then your longboat disappeared from its range, the Isla de Muerta swallowed you up and complete darkness greeted you.

Slowly you rowed through what you assumed to be a water tunnel towards the inner part of the island. The silence and gloomy atmosphere added to your uneasiness.

Suddenly Jack stopped rowing mid motion and you could hear him rummaging in his pockets. A few seconds later a lantern was lit. Jack handed the lantern to Will and continued rowing all by himself.