"Duke I'm so serious, you gotta go."

She grumbled, pinching his arm now. Duke just sucked his teeth, using his free hand to lazily slap her fingers away from him.

"Duke for real, get up."

Kaliyah groaned, shoving his arm off her body and finally hopping out the bed. He continued to ignore her, instead turning his back toward her before attempting to go to sleep. Kali huffed with frustration, eyeing him as he just laid on her bed all snuggled up with her pillows. She had plenty of thoughts about punching him right in the back of his head with her fist.

He don't deserve no sleep, especially not in my bed.

She scoffed.

Rolling her eyes and giving up, she placed her feet into her Louie Vuitton house slippers before strolling her way toward her bathroom. She spotted the huge bag of money from last night, which sat lazily in the corner of her room. She could see a bunch of $50 and $100 dollar bills just spilling out the bag like crazy. She made a mental note to count all that money sometime today before leaving the house.

In the meantime, she made it to the bathroom, spending the next 30 minutes doing all of her hygiene. By now, the sweet smell of vanilla and cocoa butter began swirling around her room, causing Duke to finally wake up. Kaliyah also had music softly playing in the bathroom from her beats pill speaker.

Even though she probably only had about 4 hours of sleep, Kaliyah knew that she had a lot to do today. Firstly, she had plans to go pick up some breakfast for herself and her father, and spend some time with him at the hospital. After that, her and Leilani planned on going shopping for a new outfit for their shift tonight at the gentleman's club.

Kaliyah had been hearing about a huge King Von concert going on in town, and how him and his team rented out an entire section at the club tonight for an after party. Kali knew about King Von. The last time she actually saw him was the night of new years back in 2009, when she had her first kiss with him. Even though that moment was sweet, she never really cared for him much after that.

He ended up going to jail on some murder charge the last time she heard, causing her to never see or hear from him again; well at least until 2016 when he got released from jail and blew up as a rap artist all within the same year.

Kali thought it was cool that he had finally made it out the streets and was doing pretty well for himself. She had heard a lot of his music, especially since the DJ's tended to play his songs at the clubs in Chicago. She also heard that him and Asian, her cousin, had been dating for a while too.

Unfortunately, Kaliyah and Asian were no longer as close as they once were. Kali remembers Asian suddenly switching up on her one day, and never wanting to speak or hang out with her again. She could never figure out why Asian hated her guts, but she really had no choice but to let it be-

"Where you going?"

Duke's voice could be heard, interrupting her thoughts. Kaliyah was in the middle of applying mascara to her lashes. She was leaned up against the counter, looking closely into the mirror.

"Out."

She plainly stated.

She could see Duke just standing in the doorway, his eyes scanning her from head to toe as she only had a towel wrapped around her body. Her locs were long all the way down to her butt, with the ends of her hair curly. She styled her hair into a middle part, deciding to just keep it simple for the day before tonight.

"Can we talk first, Kali?"

Duke questioned, leaning against the doorway now with his arms crossed. Kaliyah just leaned up off the counter, blinking her eyes a few times before becoming satisfied with the way her lashes looked.