Sighing, he turned his eyes back on the street, ignoring the sudden pain in his chest.

His demons seemed to never leave him.

The drive didn't take much longer, he had apparently spent more time watching the younger than anticipated and soon he turned into the large garage, now void of his many cars except the white Audi he had left Gaon. But the car was still parked in the same way he had left it and didn't look like having been used in a while.

Frowning, he turned towards the other, nose scrunching up as he considered the thought that Gaon had never received his gift and wondering in the same breath how he had gotten around.

Seoul wasn't safe to be walking around even during the day much less during the night, especially for someone so high profile as Gaon. Perhaps the gift hadn't been to his liking and instead he'd bought his own car and it had only been an exception that he'd been walking home when the accident happened. He hoped so.

Nevertheless, it was time for the younger to wake so he'd be able to sleep in an actual bed and not in the uncomfortable car seat, lest he accidentally ripped some stitches or worsened his ribs.

Gingerly leaning over the centre console, he softly called: "Gaon. We're home, it's time to wake up."

Gaon looked so content, turned into the seat, head twisted towards Yohan and face free of worry. There was even a little bit of drool around the corner of his lips and for once he looked according to his age. It was adorable, enough to make Yohan briefly consider staying in the car until Gaon woke by himself.

Reaching out slowly, he touched the younger's shoulder gently. He had no experience in waking others, but he knew what he hated himself and that was being shaken awake, abruptly ripped out of the sweet relief. His father had woken him that way one too many times for Yohan to ever forget.

"Gaon-ah."

Finally, it seemed to wake the younger, eyelids fluttering faintly as he squeezed open one, only for Yohan's heart to shudder pathetically at the expression in them.

There had never been a person giving him this kind of look.

Not even his hyung, who had protected him countless times and had been the only one to love him despite his flaws.

Faith.

Warmth.

And something else he couldn't name.

Sighing lightly, Gaon sunk deeper into the seat, eye falling shut again and breaths deep and slow.

Unaware of the havoc he had left behind in Yohan.

"Gaon." Yohan called again, voice suddenly rougher than it had been before, the hand not touching the younger gripping the console.

He couldn't be on the receiving end of that look.

He didn't know how to deal with that.

"Gaon."

The younger didn't twitch no matter how many times Yohan called him by his name.

Eyeing him pondering, Yohan considered his options, swiftly crossing out the ones including waking him harshly or leaving him in the car. In fact, there was only one that seemed feasible and would ensure Gaon didn't injure himself further. It was also the one that would be completely out of his way and the one he'd never consider with Gaon by sound mind.

Mind made up, he got out the car walking towards the passenger side and crouching in front of the younger.

"Gaon, last chance. If you don't wake up, I'm going to carry you."