MASTER x AND x STUDENT

ابدأ من البداية

I leaned back and returned to idly shuffling my cards, pretending to be unbothered. Sneaking a glance at her from across the table, I could tell that my plan was working by the way her eyes shifted down and her hands were fidgeting with one of her knives. The seed had been sown and she was beginning to doubt herself. Soon she would start looking for solutions. Right about... now.

"Hisoka, do you happen to know anyone who can teach me Nen?" She asked a little sheepishly. "You're right. Although I do know the major principles, my execution is quite tragic."

I blinked at her. That wasn't the response I was expecting. She had a Nen master, at least I would consider myself one, sitting right in front of her. And yet she was asking me to refer her to another? My sweet, little idiot.

"Why bother finding someone else? I can teach you." I offered casually, while making it as direct as I possibly could.

"Really?" She raised a brow, either questioning my ability as a teacher or my willingness to teach. However, there was a glint of hopefulness in her eyes, which was a positive start. 

"Of course," I smiled in response. "But I have two conditions."

Her expression immediately turned from hopeful back to suspicious. "Go on." 

"Firstly, you must not summon your demon again," I stated in a serious tone. "Regardless of the circumstances. If you ever feel it trying to break out, let me know immediately." 

She didn't appear to be against the idea, though looked slightly confused. "But doesn't that defeat the purpose of training? Am I not supposed to be learning to control it?"

"Its powers are too strong for you harness as you are right now and I don't want to risk you taking unnecessary damage," I replied. "You will not use the demon in any fight or even during training until I tell you to. Promise me."

Kira seemed uncertain, but nodded. "I promise."

"And I promise I will do everything in my power to help you keep control of it." I responded with a reassuring smile.

"You said you had two conditions. What's the second?" She asked.

My smile widened. She would never agree to this. But it wouldn't hurt to try. It would only be funny and if I was lucky, she'd try to kill me. "I would like you to call me Master."

Her face paled and her jaw dropped. She stared at me for a solid minute in shock and disgust. What a lovely reaction. Soon enough, she had recovered and was shaking her head furiously. "No! You must be out of your mind to even think of that."

It went as well as I expected. "Why, thank you, I do like to consider myself a creative thinker."

"Think what you like," she said defiantly. "But there's no way I'm agreeing to that."

"Now that I'm your teacher, don't you think you should address me with some respect? Besides, constantly being called a clown really does damage my self esteem." I placed a hand over my chest pretentiously to emphasise the point.

"Your self esteem looks fine to me. If anything, I should call you a clown more often."

"Just once," I compromised, ignoring her jab. "Please, I want to hear you say it at least once."

"What, say that you're a clown?" She scoffed, purposefully misinterpreting my words.

If I wanted to coax it out of her, I had to be patient. "Look, Sweetheart, you need me to teach you Nen just as badly as I need to hear you call me Master." I tried my best to reason with her. "Now, won't you be a good girl and fulfil both our wishes?"