Yay! Manik, you got an extra point.

"But, Manik, she is asking..."

"It's an order." Those words made her shut up. She didn't argue further and accepted the order.

Alya shook her head calling us both crazy under her breath and walked away to do the work.

"Thank you, Manik. Have a nice shower." I said and about to walk away but his words stopped me.

"You are not going anywhere. Stay in the room till I come out."

"Why?" I questioned him.

"I might need your help for the wound on my external organ." He stepped out of the shower with the towel wrapped on his waist.

Last night's moments flashed infront of my eyes seeing his bare torso infront of me. I gulped and my mouth went dry. The feel of his rough palms over my soft skin was back from the memory just by his presence infront of me.

What's happening to me?

"The surgeon in me is on leave for today." I said and tried to escape from the room.

He pulled me back by my waist and I came crashing to his chest. My hands were between our bodies and his slightly moist hair falling over his face. I so wanted to move that hair from his forehead but my arms were locked between us.

"If you will be on a leave then what will happen to my wound? Look it's healing already with your magic touch." His face came closer to mine as he spoke.

I used all my energy and pushed him inside the walk in closet and shut the door.

"It's not me, it's the orange water. Apply it yourself, Manik."

I heard him laugh from inside hearing my words.

I took a moment to calm my breathing and decreased the room temperature with the remote. Now it's cooler.

He came out dressed in his pyjamas and motioned with his eyes to shut the door. I asked him the reason with my eyes.

"For privacy." He replied.

"Why? We are just standing right? There's no need for privacy for standing. I mean, everyone stands on their legs in their room and it's not like we are doing anything other than standing, right?" I blabbered.

He walked to the door and shut it himself. "We won't be standing in our room, Nandini. We will be sleeping."

"Sleeping? As in together? Why? It's just closing your eyes, Manik. You sleep and I will look at the paintings around the house." I smiled trying to make sense.

He pulled me closer to him. "No. We will be sleeping together in each other's arms today."

I watched as his lips moved and couldn't speak anything.

"I don't sleep in the day time, not atleast for 8 hours. I will need you to sleep beside me so that I can be sure you are safe."

I cleared my throat before speaking. "I am safe, duh! There are hundreds of men just around the mansion."

"They are here to look after everything else but I have to personally make sure my precious person is safe."

"But..." I tried to deny.

"Your wish. You can walk out and leave me restless thinking about your safety or stay with me and we can have uninterrupted sleep for the next 8 hours." His offer was quite tempting.

Sleep for extra 8 hours! Oh, I love sleeping. But with Manik? That's a new one. It's okay, atleast he will get some rest instead of worrying about me all the time.