Chapter 23: Rumors

Start from the beginning

"They're identical," Kira and Konparu both deadpanned, while 'Hikaru' sweatdropped.

"It's alright. Don't blame yourself Yuta." 'Hikaru' said easygoing, despite her inner turmoil over the situation.

"She's right." Honoka said, looking down. "It's on me for being weak and getting caught."

"What kinda nonsense is that!?" Totomaru injected. "No way you're weak. You can beat everyone here, except Hikaru." He gestured around the group.

"He's right," Kira joined in. "You were trying to help the weak, which led to you being tricked. Kindness isn't weakness." Konparu nodded in agreement.

Honoka huffs before looking up. "Anyways, what are we going to do now? The two years have called a gym meeting after school today." She glances at 'Hikaru'.

"We'll take it as it comes," 'Hikaru' answered. "That's all we can do at this point."

"No worries bro! We've got your back!" Totomaru replies with his usual grin.

The bell rang and everyone left the roof except Honoka and the hidden Houou.

Noticing her not following Konparu called out to her. "Honoka you'll be late."

"It's fine. I need a minute. I'll caught up with you in a bit." She turned to face the scenery on the other side of the chain link fence.

Konparu walked down the stairs, the door closing behind him. Houou decided he would make himself known at this point, so he walked over to stand next to her.

"I was wondering where you were. Should have known that you would help from the shadows." Honoka comments when she notices him.

"Figured me out huh?" He comments.

"Not too hard." She responded then went quiet, lost in thought.

"What are you thinking?" He asks after a minute.

She pulls out her phone and starts to dial a number. "A backup plan. Hopefully, she won't need it, but I'll have her back if she doesn't."

The phone connected, before she started to tell the person on the other line her plan.

***

The gym was packed with first and second years. In front of the stage stood 'Hikaru' and her group surrounding her on all sides. The second years Kira and Yuta on the back side. Totomaru and Konparu on the front edges, and Honoka spearheading the unit.

"Take it off!" A random guy in the crowd yelled.

"Yeah! Prove it!"

Many among the crowd were yelling similar things.

Totomaru and Konparu were yelling at them in return.

Frazzled with the situation. 'Hikaru' raises her hand to the top button of her shirt before lowering it once again.

"Are you kidding me!" Someone yells.

"You're really a girl!?" Another says angrily.

"We'll never accept a girl boss!"

A large group of guys in green uniforms from Shishiku's rival school start to enter and make their way towards the group. The guy in the lead starts a slow clap in mock celebration.

"Who would have thought!" He joyfully started to mock. "That the boss of the first and second years was a girl! How far Shishiku has fallen."

His group of followers started to laugh at the situation. Then they started to charge towards 'Hikaru' to be blocked by the top first and second years.

'Hikaru' watched as her friends and sister defended her from the attacks as they were taking hits in return.

"Hikaru!" A loud voice calls from the stage, snapping her out of her thoughts. "What are you waiting for? Prove to them with your fists!" Houou declared.

Gathering her resolve, she readied herself for a fight to prove her worth. 'I won't sit aside as my friends fight! I want to protect you just as much as you want to protect me Honoka! ' She thought as she charged the leader of the green uniforms.

After a few purposefully placed punches and jabs, he was down on the ground.

"Don't underestimate our boss just because he's cute!" A random guys called out, as 'Hikaru' started to quickly regain her support with every guy she took down.

"Yeah! This is our turf! You can just leave!" Another yelled as he too started to attack the green uniforms along with several others.

Rather quickly, the green uniforms were retreating and all the first and second years were celebrating.

Houou, seeing that everything worked out, left the gym.

'Hikaru' thrilled that this whole ordeal was over breathed a sigh of relief.

Honoka came and tapped her shoulder before pointing over to the bathrooms. Signaling that she needed to go over there.

Confused yet trusting, she went into the bathroom to see the real Hikaru. They quickly switched uniforms, so that Hikaru could go out and make the final move.

He rushed out of the bathroom then stood up on the stage. Ripping open his shirt revealing his chest he yelled, "See! I'm a man!"

Everyone busted out laughing at him.

"Yeah we know!"

"That was overkill!"

Embarrassed at being laughed at, Hikaru went back to the bathroom to switch clothes with Hinako again.

Entering the bathroom, Hikaru complained to Sakaguchi who was waiting. "I told you I didn't want to do that!"

Hinako hugged him. "Thanks big bro," she said with a smile, making him stop whining.

They switched clothes then left. Hikaru sneaks out with Sakaguchi, and Hinako stealthily joins the others.

Seeing her sister rejoin them, Honoka gave her a smile that was covering hidden mischief on her face. She returned the smile in gratitude for her sister having her back.

"Yosh!" Totomaru exclaims excitedly, turning to the group.

"They were probably the ones who used the rumor to attack 'Hikaru'," Kira comments. The others nodded in agreement.

"At least it ended well." Honoka says with a smile. "Let's go home!" She excitedly extended her hand out to 'Hikaru'.

Smiling too, 'Hikaru' took her hand as started to leave, followed by everyone else. 

_________________________________________________________________

Another shorter chapter, but we are starting to near the end of the series. There are at least 5 more planned, but we shall see. Stay tuned! Until next time...

World_Imaginer