Chapter 6: Fight in the Rain

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

""   -Someone is speaking outloud

''   -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

In a large abandoned building that windows create most of its main walls and there are open skylights in the ceiling above stood four people. In the reflection of the water puddles on the floor inside the building caused by the rain outside, you can see three people standing on one side and one facing them some distance away.

The three, Hinako dressed as Hikaru, Honoka, and Totomaru face the lone Konparu in a standoff. Konparu gave a fierce glare with a paper still clenched tightly in his hand. Totomaru and Honoka hold an umbrella, standing on each side of Hinako all with a neutral expression.

The only sound that can be heard is the pitter patter of raindrops falling outside and the few drops that come through the leaks in the abandoned building.

Until Konparu suddenly looks down, gritting his teeth and trembling with rage. Then he calls out. "Give Minoru... give my brother back!"

"Your brother?" Hinako calls out confused. "What are you talking about? I'm here because I got this letter from you-"

Konparu interrupts. "You're the one who sent a letter of challenge!" He looks down at the crumpled challenge letter in his hand.

"I-I didn't send one!" Hinako protests.

"Don't play dumb!" Konparu yells. "You try and pick a fight with me every day, and now you're resorting to kidnapping? Just how rotten are you?" He finishes by throwing the crumpled paper onto the ground.

"K-Kidnapping?"

"What are you talking about?" Totomaru joins in. "Hikaru would never do anything like that."

Then everyone in the building heard someone call, "Hikaru-san". Standing on the other side of the wall full of busted windows were three guys with umbrellas and a little boy with green hair.

Having gained everyone's attention the one who spoke out continued. "We picked up Konparu's little bro, just like you told us!" He states with a laugh.

The little boy had duct tape over his mouth, so he couldn't speak. He tried to make noise to gain attention and shook his head, but his message didn't get across.

"Minoru!"

"That boy!" Honoka gasps.

"You know him?" Totomaru asks.

"Yeah, I beat up some thugs who tried to rob him a while ago, but..."

"But we don't know who is with him." Hinako finished for Honoka.

"I trust you guys. I know you wouldn't pull a dirty trick like this."

"Toto..." Honoka mumbles.

"Don't worry! I'll save you!" Konparu says starting to run in the direction of his little brother before having to abruptly stop after seeing a knife being brought out by the man holding Minoru.

"Woah now," the blonde man says. "Another step and the runt's gonna be bawling." He holds the knife close to the kid's face to where Minoru can see his own reflection.

Gritting his teeth, Konparu turns to face the three again before saying, "You want to fight me so badly you'd do this?!"

Hinako tries to explain, "No! It's all a misunderstanding," before being interrupted by Honoka whispering in her ear.