Chapter 11 - The Grammys

I'm back!!! I'm finally on summer break, so I will hopefully be able to write and update more often. I just reached 1K on this story! All of you guys who read this made that possible. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's getting close to an explosion of drama...

Another week has passed as slow as possible. I have been looking forward to today for a very long time, but suddenly I wish it were further away. Today is the Grammys, and I am currently freaking out in my limo. In just under five minutes I will be stepping onto the red carpet. I should be used to this after 7 years of being in the business, but I don't think I ever will be accustomed to this kind of high-pressure attention. To make my nerves even worse, I am also performing tonight as well.

Realizing I would be pulling up momentarily, I quickly smoothed out my long, tight, black dress that puffed out at the bottom. Then I made sure there was no way my mask could fall off. All too soon my chauffeur was opening the door, and I had no choice but to step into the flashing lights of the cameras. On all sides there were photographers snapping photos. Slightly farther away I could see all the music fans that were trapped behind the fence with the security guards. I waved in their direction before turning and making my way further down the red carpet.

I had only walked a few yards when a reporter stopped me. I greeted her, and let her ask me all of the questions she had. They were the typical ones like "who are wearing" and "are you excited?" It was hard, but I managed to keep my sarcastic answers to myself. Instead I just added them in inside my head. For example, I'm not wearing anyone; my dress is made of fabric!

"What part of tonight are you looking forward to most?" The reporter asked me.

"That's a hard one. There are so many things that I'm looking forward to. I would have to say just having fun with all of the people I don't get to see very often. The Grammys bring together the entire music community from all over the world." I told her while turning on my charm.

"Speaking of friends in the music community, rumor has it you are pretty close with not only Little Mix, but also the boys of One Direction. What can you tell us about that?"

"Well the first time I met Little Mix was because I was their choreographer. Ever since working with them, we have been really close. They're all just the sweetest girls. As for One Direction, I have been friends with Louis and Harry for a really long, and all five of them are super goofy, and know how to have a good time." I answered the question with care, making sure I didn't let anything slip that would cause an uproar in the tabloids.

"Good answer! We would have been really offended if you said anything bad about us." I heard someone say behind me. Before even turning around, I knew exactly who it was.

"Leigh-Ann!" I squealed.

"Hey girl! How are you?" She greeted.

"All's good. Where's Perrie?" I asked, noticing there were only three of them.

"She ditched us for Zayn." Jessy informed me, laughing slightly.

"Speaking of..." The reporter said from beside me. I turned my head to see five boys, a blonde girl, and my "favorite" brunette making their way down the red carpet towards us.

"Hey guys! What's up?!" Jade called over to them when they got closer to us.

"Other than the fact that it's the Grammys? Not much." Louis replied, with obvious excitement on his face. One Direction was up for a couple of awards as well.

I quickly finished up my interview and walked back over to my friends. As I rejoined the group, I caught the eye of Eleanor. She had been getting worse and worse this past week. I understand why she might feel a bit jealous, but I already tried to tell her that I have no intention of stealing her boyfriend. Even if I were to like Louis, I would never do something like that. At first I thought it was fine and after she hung around a bit she would realize everything is fine, but now her behavior is becoming vicious. I'm starting to question why she is dating Louis. He obviously has no clue about this side of her. Could she have different reasons as to why she's dating him, other than just liking him?