71-80

BABAK 71 – APA YANG MEMBUAT PEDANG MIKO

." Lily firmly assured, her determination affecting Yoruko.

Yoruko looked at Lily and could feel the depth of her determination, and could only wonder in her heart, "What an incredible lady, I can understand why Ayaka trusts her so much, only... a lady like this carrying an un-upgradable ancient mirror. This world... can it really be saved..."

"Lady Kagami, I shall believe you." Yoruko took a sip of tea, deep in thought.

Lily also fell silent, she contemplated the heavenly oracle. Lady Ayaka had assumed that the heavenly collapse was related to the fate of the mirror girls. However, today after seeing the natural phenomenon, Fayumi had received a heavenly oracle regarding the three great arch-demons.

Then the fate of the mirror girls was to lead the charge against the three great arch-demons? But humans and demons were originally on opposite sides. Even though they were able to coexist in Heian-kyo.

Since the three arch-demons were the source of the collapse, why were human factions still tormenting mirror girls? Recalling the past, she had been faced with the pursuit and wickedness from humans far more than from demons. Were the three great arch-demons secretly creating chaos in the human world?

The three great arch-demons stood at the pinnacle of demon power in Heian-kyo, but the demon factions exterminating mirror girls were not just the subordinates of the three great arch-demons.

If the three great arch-demons were the source of the heavenly collapse, then why were the gods dropping calamities on the humans instead of punishing the demons? The extended night could be said to be a punishment towards the humans. For the demon, it was more an advantage than punishment.

Why did the heavens punish Heian-kyo and not the root of the cause?

Lily didn't think that Yoruko was tricking her, but she had doubts about the heavenly oracle. But she would acknowledge that the will of the gods was far beyond her understanding.

Lily sipped her tea and asked, "Lily has some points she doesn't understand, could the madam please clarify?"
"Lady Kagami, please ask."
"What exactly is a sword miko?"
Yoruko was taken aback, "What? Lady Kagami doesn't know? ...True, you're from Kanto, you should be a descendant of a tribe of mirror girls who live there, you may not be too clear about these matters."

"The origin of the sword mikos is shrouded in mist, we've existed since ancient times but it's thought that we appeared later than mirror girls. We're a bit different from mirror girls, sword mikos aren't a bloodline, most of us who awaken are originally powerful female samurai. Sword mikos are just like other women, our descendants will not inherit sword miko blood so there are no clans of sword mikos. Sword mikos can awaken from any household, through some opportunity they awaken their sword, and through their sword's guidance, they follow their destiny."

"There is generally only one destiny, that is to find the fated mirror girl and protect her. The fated mirror girl will receive a heavenly oracle and embark on a path of true knowledge, the sword miko's destiny is to protect her throughout that path. Though, in recent years the sword mikos have been receiving different destinies through divine oracles. Some say, it is because the mirror girls have been exterminated and few remnants remain, others say that the divine are disappointed in the mirror girls..."

"Disappointed in the mirror girls..." Lily thought of the massacres of mirror girl clans, if the mirror girls had fallen to this state because they attempted to complete their heavenly oracles, then would the heavens truly abandon the mirror girls?

"For example, recently many sword mikos have received heavenly oracles to attack Mount Ooe and pursue Shuten-doji. I didn't understand why they would receive such a heavenly oracle, but today I think I understand. I think the heavenly will wants to remove the root of the disaster. After all, Shuten-doji is one of the three great arch-demons, this matches the heavenly oracle I received today."