1-10 Volume 5 - Heian-kyō

BAB 1 – JALAN MALAM LILY DI SEPANJANG JALAN SUZAKU

Kagami Lily, dressed in her scarlet kimono, took small but steady steps as she traveled the winding road. Her long hair trailed like a river of stars and her long sleeves fluttered like the strings of a zither.

The smooth, satin silk wrapped the girl's delicate buttocks as she sashayed, alternating between plumpness and wrinkles. If anyone followed behind her, their minds would definitely run wild.

However, this tall and graceful girl with a katana on her waist had enough power to protect herself.

Lily kept walking along the ancient road. The path was paved with old and broken green stone slabs that clacked when her wooden sandals stepped on them. In the silent night, her orderly steps echoed throughout the forest.

The night breeze carried the scent of early spring, blowing on Lily's fair and beautiful face. She looked at the periphery of the road ahead, which was studded with towering trees and strange stones. In the distance, she could faintly see a splendid, warm brilliance that seemed to reflect the starry sky.

That place must be Heian-kyō!

Lily regarded this ancient and distant city with endless curiosity.

She felt impatient and wanted to speed up her steps, but her elegant kimono wrapped tightly around her body. Although her legs were long, she couldn't make any exaggerated movements.

"Kagami Lily..."
"Kagami Lily..."

Behind Lily, a woman's voice suddenly called her name.

It sounded as if it was coming from the depths of the forest.

"Who is shouting my name? Is there someone in this place who knows me?" Just as Lily was about to turn her head, she remembered what the fox said.

'If a human practitioner walks on this road during the night and encounters a woman calling their name, they must not turn to face the voice'.

Lily was a little scared. After all, who wasn't afraid of the unknown? If some random demons jumped out to fight her, she wouldn't be afraid. However, she knew better than to disregard the warning of the native fox. She was strong, but this was Heian-kyō. Everything she encountered needed to be handled with utmost caution.

Lily didn't turn her head, nor did she answer. She walked forwards silently as if she hadn't heard anything.

"Kagami Lily..."

The woman's voice approached closer, becoming more urgent and unrelenting. It tempted her to listen and take a glimpse.

"Kagami Lily..."

(This chapter is provided to you by Re:Library)

(Please visit Re:Library to show the translators your appreciation!)

However, Lily's determination and mentality couldn't be compared to that of ordinary people. She wasn't careless enough to sneak a glance. Instead, she maintained full vigilance and continued forward with rhythmic steps.

It wasn't until she walked out of the ancient forest and into a bright open space that the voice stopped following her. It yowled in resentment before wandering back into the dark forest.

"Ah..." After exiting the forest, Lily saw that the stone-paved ground led up to a canal not far away. On the opposite side of the canal, dazzling lights stretched from east to west, scattering into the skies above the vast capital city.

Heian-kyō was completely different from Kamakura, Kiyosu, Gifu, and the other cities she visited before. It was truly a huge city.

Since coming to this foreign Heian world, this was the first time Lily had seen something that could be described as a spectacle built by mankind.