Chapter 10: The Rogue Bludger

"Oooh~ Nice statue!"

Hermione dragged us all into the library and as we waited for her to return, Pansy and I played hang-man on an empty piece of parchment. Although now it was hang-cat (aka Mrs Norris).

Pansy started with the vowels and got the u and e correct now it looked like this:

_e_u_u_

She said r and I wrote it down.

Re_u_u_

She monthed a few words in thought then groaned. "Really, Y/n? Regulus?"

"My cat. Not the boy," I said in defense.

"Here it is," Hermione appeared from behind a bookshelf, "the Polyjuice Potion. 'Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another.'"

"You mean if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.

"Yes."

"Wicked. Malfoy'll tell us anything."

"What would Pansy and I do?" I asked.

"Well," Hermione started, "seeing as you are both Slytherins, you wouldn't need to turn into someone else to sneak into your common room."

"But Malfoy hates us!" said Pansy. "He wouldn't tell us anything."

"Or us if the both of you were in the same room," Harry pointed out.

"Exactly," said Hermione. "The two of you shouldn't be there when it happens. But brewing this would be tricky, I've never seen a more complicated potion."

"Well, how long will it take to make?" asked Harry.

"A month."

"A month?! But, Hermione—!" he realized that his voice was loud and lowered it into a whisper so only the four of us could hear. "If Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the muggle-borns in the school by then."

"I know... but it's the only plan we've got."

Which Pansy and I won't get to be in. We both turned to each other glumly.

Those three could be the worst at times.

I knew Pansy was thinking the same thing just with extra bad words.

•••~⚡︎⚯⚡︎~•••

Our Quidditch game against Gryffindor was wild. Or I thought that because I'm not the Seeker anymore. Being a Chaser was a lot different to me. Instead of hovering away from the actual game and keeping an eye out for the Snitch, you had to fly around trying to get the Quaffle and score or pass it to one of your teammates.

Flint got the ball from Alicia Spinnet and threw it at me. I caught it with a hand and tucked it under my arm, zooming towards the Gryffindor's goalpost and scored.

"Another goal for Slytherin!" Lee Jordan shouts. "They lead Gryffindor 90 to 30!"

"Alright there, Scachead?"

I turned to see Draco trying to distract Harry.

Before I could shout at Malfoy to focus on searching, a Bludger came pelting towards me. The other one at Harry.

I dived down quickly to avoid it. I sighed in relief as it passed me.

"Watch yourself, Harry!" Oliver called.