Chapter 7: Mudbloods and Murmurs

"Eat slugs!"

I woke up early in the morning (to my annoyance) for Quidditch practice. Flint had sent me a letter last night explaining that Draco Malfay had become the new Seeker and I was taking Cassius Warrington's place as Chaser.

I stomped towards the changing rooms.

Yeah, I'm betting Malfoy cheated his way onto the team.

"It's not fair!" I yelled as soon as I entered the room, everyone else had already changed into their uniform. "You didn't even see him play!"

"Good morning to you too, Y/n," said Flint. He was standing beside a black board and the rest of the team wers seated in front of him. "Draco's father had bought every member of our team the new Nimbus Two-Thousand and One. Yours is right over there." He nodded towards the wall.

I turned to see a new shiny broomstick. Realizing I had my mouth open, I quickly shut it and started towards the broom.

Whoah...

I took it in my hands examining the smooth wood. I turned to see my teammates staring at my awed face. Flint and Draco were smirking.

"Say?" said the captain.

I saw Adrian wriggle his eyebrows at me.

"That changes things a bit," I mumbled.

We started towards the Quidditch pitch when a blond boy skipped tawards me. "Y/n!" he called and flashed his camera at me. "I'm Collin Creevey. I'm in Griffindor!"

"Er- Hello, Collin," I said. "Listen, I can't talk right now, I have practice."

"Oh, I won't bother you then. But can I get your autograph once you've finished?" He grinned at me sweetly.

I hesitated. "Oh, um... sure. Why not?"

His smile widened and he hopped towards the castle.

I followed my teammates towards the pitch to see the Gryffindor team dressed in their Quidditch robes too.

Oh, Merlin, here comes trouble.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver Wood called.

"Quidditch practice," said Marcus simply.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

Both teams were standing in front of each other.

"Easy, Wood," said Flint smirking. "I've got a note." He pulled out a parchment and handed it to Oliver.

He started to read, "'I, Professor Severus Snape, do herby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker.'" He turned to me confused then looked back at Flint. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?" The boys moved to let Draco to the front.

"Malfoy?" Harry said in disbelief. Ron and Hermione had appeared beside me.

"That's right," said Draco. "And that's not all that's new this year."

My teammates moved their brooms so everyone could see them.

"Those are Nimbus Two-Thousand and Ones!" Ron exclaimed. "How did you get them?"

"A gift from Draco's father," Flint said.

"You see, Weasley," said Draco, "unlike some, my father can afford the best."

Yeah, but can he afford giving you his attention?

"At least no one in the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione shot. "They got it on pure talent."

Draco's smirk vanished and he took a step to face her. "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy." Ron pulled out his wand. "Eat slugs!"

With a broken wand like Ron's, casting a spell on someone is not the brightest idea.

The spell backfired and blasted him off his feet. Ron fell to the ground.

The Gryffinder team and Hermione ran up to check on him.

I started to follow but Flint put a firm hand an my shoulder.

"You okay, Ron?" Hermione asked. "Say something!"

Ron opened his mouth and a huge slug fell out of it.
Everyone gagged in disgust.

There was a flash. Collin had had appeared again, standing near Ron. "Wow!" he said. "Can you turn him around, Harry?"

"No, Collin, Get the way!" He and Hermione helped Ron to his feet. "Let's take him to Hagrid's—"

Ron barfed another slug.

"—He'll know what to do."

They hurried away I turned to glare at Flint. "He's my friend."

"We have practice."

"So?" I shook his hand off me and stormed towards the Quidditch pitch.

•••~⚡︎⚯⚡︎~•••

"Practice was a disaster," I explained to Pansy as we sat in front of the common room fire. "Malfoy couldn't catch the Snitch even though I spotted it four times."

"Horrible," she replied, fliping the page of her book.

"Are you even listening?"

"Of course." She closed her book. "You've repeated that three times already. Wish I could've seen Ron's face though." She sniggered.

"Mudblood," I said.

"Excuse me?"

"Draco Malfoy called Hermione a Mudblood. What does it mean?"

She shrugged as if it war nothing. "A foul word for muggle-borns. It means dirty-blood. Also— don't it let a teacher hear you say it, they'll give you detention. And it's not like you need another one."

I sighed when I remembered. "Right," I mumbled. "Detention."

A/n: I know this is the shortest chapter so far and I'm sorry, but I still hope u enjoyed it.