ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

With Haerin now dressed, the two of them shared a moment of silent connection. Minji felt a mixture of emotions swirling within her. She was helping a powerful being from another world navigate the mundane intricacies of human life. It was both bizarre and oddly comforting.

"Thanks," Haerin finally spoke softly, breaking the silence. Her voice held a hint of gratitude that warmed Minji's heart. The two of them exchanged a glance, a fleeting connection that carried more weight than words could convey.

Minji checked her watch, realizing they didn't have much time left before the morning announcements. "We should head to the assembly hall," she suggested, motioning for Haerin to follow. As they made their way through the dormitory halls, Minji couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on them. It was as though the very air was whispering about the unusual sight of a human and a new girl moving together.

When they arrived at the assembly hall, Minji scanned the room for a familiar face. Spotting her friends huddled in a corner, she led Haerin over. "Hey, guys," Minji greeted, her tone a mix of casualness and forced cheerfulness.

Hanni's eyes widened as she took in Haerin's presence. "Who's this?" she asked, her voice carrying a tinge of intrigue.

Minji shot Hanni a look, a silent plea to hold off on the questions for now. "This is... my cousin. She's transferring here," Minji explained hastily, her words tinged with a touch of nervousness. She hoped her friends wouldn't pry too much.

Yunjim raised an eyebrow, her expression one of skepticism. "Cousin, huh?" she mused, clearly not entirely convinced.

Ignoring Yunjim's probing gaze, Minji steered the conversation towards the upcoming announcements. "Let's find a good spot to stand," she suggested, hoping to shift the focus away from Haerin for the moment.

As the assembly began, Minji could sense Haerin's discomfort. The noise of the crowd, the unfamiliar surroundings—it must have been overwhelming for someone who had been isolated for so long. Minji glanced at Haerin, offering a reassuring smile. "It's okay. Just follow my lead," she whispered.

Throughout the announcements, Minji noticed that Haerin seemed more observant than ever, her sharp eyes taking in every detail. When the assembly finally came to an end, Minji led Haerin towards the principal's office. "Let's see if we can get you enrolled," she said, her voice filled with a mix of determination and hope.

As they reached the office, Minji took a deep breath, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead. The journey of blending Haerin into the human world had only just begun, and Minji was determined to make it work—no matter how chaotic or unconventional it might be.

Minji knocked on the door, her heart pounding in her chest. She could hear the murmur of voices from within the office, her heightened senses allowing her to pick up on even the slightest nuances of sound. After a brief pause, she sensed a lull in the conversation—a perfect moment to enter.

Pushing the door open, Minji stepped into the office, with Haerin following closely behind. The office was adorned with polished wooden furniture, bookshelves lining the walls, and large windows that let in the soft morning light. The principal's desk was at the center, covered in neatly arranged paperwork and a few potted plants adding a touch of greenery to the space.

The principal, a middle-aged woman with glasses perched on her nose, looked up from her work, her expression shifting from concentration to curiosity as she saw Minji and Haerin. "Can I help you?" she inquired, her tone polite but slightly guarded.