61. War Plans

sorry for a lil bit of delay, those last few chapters rly drained me mentally. it was very dark and part of me rly started to regret it and I am not even kidding, I started crying. but here we are

The council had started to wonder if Visenya was fit to be Queen. Tyland Lannister's twin, Jason, Lord of Casterly Rock, had sent in his doubts and declared that women could not be rulers.

So Visenya entered the small council chambers one day after giving birth to prove them wrong. Laenor now had a seat at her council.

"There is a civil war going on in the Riverlands. House Bracken had been loyal to us and they are losing their fight. Lucerys, you shall fly on Arrax and give them aide."

"Father?!" Lucerys stood up, staring at Laenor in bewilderment. Visenya knew she was forgetting something.

"Seven fucking hells, you all grew way too fucking fast!" Laenor laughed as Lucerys ran to him, crushing him in a hug. 

"I am a father now, too! He has white hair, can you believe it?" Luke smiled. 

"Not really," He teased. "All I heard was you married a Baratheon. I cannot believe it. You must be Daeron. Forgive me, you were never around much when I was at King's Landing."

"None taken. My mother would have an entertaining fit if she were here."

"Well, I heard she received the Queen's justice." Laenor sat down.

"The aide to House Bracken should be easy, but since Luke is not experienced with battle and he is young I would like someone to go with him," Visenya said.

"I was but a teenager when I aided our war at the Stepstones. But if you would feel better, I would have no problem helping," Laenor replied. 

"Good. We outnumber the Blacks when it comes to our dragons, we need to use that."

"Not as much as you remember," Rhaenys spoke hesitantly. 

"How so?" Visenya frowned.

"Rhaenyra called for any and all Dragonseeds to claim a riderless dragon, and in return, they would be gifted Knighthood, lands, and riches. So far we have three confirmed new riders."

Visenya's anger flared. Her mother thought she could buy dragon riders. No, dragon-riding is more than that, and she was disgracing their culture to do this. "Who?"

"Hugh Hammer, a blacksmith's bastard, claimed Vermithor. A man known as Ulf the White claimed Silverwing. And a young girl by the name of Nettles claimed Sheepstealer."

Visenya scoffed. "Fantastic. Despite their inexperience, we should still be wary of Vermithor. He is the largest they have. As long as Cannibal remains unclaimed, we can still win this. Grey Ghost has grown as large as Meleys, and Seasmoke looked to have grown in his solidarity. It explains why no one could claim him."

"We have the Tyrell army now, correct?" Aemond asked. 

"Yes," Rhaenys said.

Visenya looked at the map in front of her, red and black dots scattered around Westeros to signal which houses were loyal to which Queen.

"Lord Rosby and Stokeworth, are they still imprisoned here?" Visenya asked.

"Yes."

"If we can convince them to bend the knee for us, then we take their armies and we march to Duskendale. We lack ships, and House Darklyn has a harbor that is loyal to the Blacks. Burn it, capture it, I do not care."