14. Bloodshed

Visenya woke with a stabbing pain in her stomach and groaned, reaching for the water on her bedside table "Fuck," She mumbled as another wave of pain stabbed her

"Princess?" Brella knocked on her door. "Princess, are you okay?"

"Yes -" She gasped and dropped the cup.

Brella entered the room and ran to her side. "Princess, what is it?"

"It hurts so much. My stomach is in so much pain."

Brella lifted the covers off of her and pulled her up into a sitting position. Brella gasped when she looked down and back up at Visenya. She became aware of the wet feeling around her thighs and when she looked down, any color in her face drained.

She was bleeding.

"Visenya," Brella said calmly. "You know my loyalty belongs to you but -"

"I know," Visenya nodded, wiping away her tears. "You have to tell her. It's ok."

Brella nodded and grabbed her hand. "I promise it will be okay. The pain you are experiencing is cramping and that is completely normal."

Visenya couldn't stop staring at the blood. How could so much come from such a place and still be normal? Now she was doomed for life. Just days ago when she rode Grey Ghost with the others she had appreciated her happiness and freedom but this was how it was being taken. Now she was able to be wed and bed.

But Aemond promised. He promised she could cut him and use that blood for the sheets as proof, he promised he wouldn't force her. That was a promise Visenya was holding onto for dear life.

"I will be right back, sweet girl," Brella said softly and kissed the top of her head. Visenya gave a weak smile and watched her leave the room. In her moths at the capital, Brella had been her best support. She was young but old enough to dote on the girl as an older sister might. She had grown to trust her immensely, something she had been scared to do.

"Oh, Visenya!" Alicent said from the door. She walked in and took a look at the sheets for proof and Visenya wanted to barf.

"I will draw you a bath, Princess," Brella said and rushed to the washroom.

Alicent pulled up a chair and sat across from her as she stayed on her bed. "I know you know what this means now. We will need to begin planning the wedding and I was thinking maybe at the same time as your nameday. This is a special time for you now. Brella can walk you through using a sanitary cloth and some tea to relieve the cramping. This is wonderful. It means your body can create new life now, it's a beautiful thing."

"Doesn't feel beautiful. It's disgusting and it smells and hurts," She frowned.

"I know. You can used to it after a while. When you are pregnant you don't bleed. That's a perk to that process," Alicent smiled.