28. Poetic Pain

TW: childbirth yucky, blood, but I don't want to spoil it.

"For a boy?"

"Aegon," Visenya smirked.

"I am not naming my son Aegon," Aemond glared.

"Okay, don't stab me for this next suggestion."

Aemond rose a brow. "What?"

Visenya bit her lip. Maybe it was a bad idea. "Maegor."

Visenya could tell Aemond had been expecting something bad but he was not expecting Maegor of all names. She watched his expression with a wince, expecting an awful verbal reaction.

"It's ... poetic," He finally said.

"And a bad idea, I suppose. We can move on from that one. The name is cursed."

"No, no. We can change that. Maegor had different circumstances. We could raise him correctly and he could change the meaning of the name. Visenya the Second birthing Maegor the Second. As long as I draw breath, I shall not let him become Maegor the Cruel."

Visenya smiled, looking at Aemond as he lay in the bed with her, his hand on her belly. "Swear to me you will not be a difficult child."

A small kick was all Aemond needed to smile. "And what if it is a girl?" Visenya asked.

"What about your grandmother, Aemma?" Aemond asked.

"Hm, I didn't know her. I like the name Elaena. It sounds heavenly, the name of a fighter. Maybe she could even claim Seasmoke like her grandfather," Visenya smiled.

"No one has tried to claim him since your father's death. But what about the eggs?"

"True," She nodded. "But I do hope it is a boy. I don't need people to revolt because of two generations of queens."

Aemond nodded in agreement, his hand rubbing her skin. "Daor offense, riña, yn se vējes hen aōha muña's ondor ōregon depends va lu emā iā orvorta iā daor."
No offense, child, but the fate of your mother's reign depends on whether you have a cock or not.

"Aemond!" Visenya laughed.

"I wish you laughed more often," Aemond said.

"Me as well. Not much joy to be found it seems. I truly wish I could find some. Maybe this child will help. I am putting a lot of hope into it that it will. To be a mother and properly fix what was done to me."

Aemond nodded. "You have a nice smile. It would be nice if you used it occasionally."

His teasing words brought a smile to her face, rolling her eyes at him. This side of Aemond, the true side, was the version she longed for. The Aemond that was honest and open, the one that didn't harshly judge her for everything she did. That was the Aemond she enjoyed; luckily, he was what she got most of the time.