60. This Means War

Start from the beginning

"Brella. I trust her."

Aemond kissed her before looking at Laenor. "Please," He whispered.

Laenor nodded and took his place, holding her hand. "I am right here, okay?"

She nodded, looking at her father. "I am so scared, Father."

"I know," He whispered. "But you don't have to be afraid. You are my Queen now, and my sword is yours. No one will ever hurt you again."

Realization dawned on her face. "You sent the letter."

He nodded. "I sent one to you and one to your cunt of a father."

She let out a strangled laugh as Aemond and Brella entered the room with Maester Munkun. "He came because if you are this early, he might need to inspect the babe," Brella panted, rushing to get set up. "Are you having contractions?"

She nodded. "Yes."

Brella took a look at her, furrowing her brows. "There is no blood, no signs of distress. This is just typical labor. But you are just early."

"Fuck," She yelled, wincing with another contraction.

"You have gained the mouth of a sailor," Laenor said with a small chuckle. 

"You will find a lot of things about me have changed," She groaned. 

"Clearly," He responded. 

Visenya's labors were lasting for two hours already, and she was barely fighting. Her will to live had diminished, and she would have been praying to the gods for her death had it not been for the arrival of her father.

Aegon had stopped by to check on Aemond, the news of Visenya's labors still not declared yet.

"Is that Laenor?!" He practically yelled. 

"Would you be quiet, halfwit?"

"So why aren't you by her side?" He asked as they stepped out into the corridor.

"Because Laenor is the only other man that Visenya might love as much as me. I can trust him with her." He sighed and rubbed his temple. "I need you to get Rhaenys. She needs to know."

Aegon nodded and left. Aemond watched Laenor comfort Visenya, and he should have been jealous, but he was relieved. Laenor was bringing her out of a depression that Aemond tried to for weeks. And he was honest when he told Aegon that Laenor was his only completion for Visenya's love. 

But part of him worried. When Laenor left, it left her empty and broken and allowed room for Aemond to help her and encourage her to stand up on her own. Now that he was back, would she even have a need for him anymore? She never wanted him when Laenor was around, she had all the love she needed.

"What is the matter?" Rhaenys asked as she approached and Aemond blocked her from the door.

"I need you to prepare yourself, and I need you to know that none of us knew about this."

"What is it, Aemond?" She asked, more concerned. 

"Visenya is in labor but someone is here with her." Aemond stepped out of the way and Rhaenys spotted the man in question.

She let out a scream and rushed to him, cupping his cheeks in her hands. "Oh, sweet boy!" She cried, smiling through her tears. "Oh my gods," She pulled him flush against her in a hug and he let out a chuckle. 

"Mother, how I've missed you."

"You have so much explaining to do," She sobbed into his shoulder. 

"I will, but it needs to be with you both and when she is not in extreme pain."