Previous Event Chapter 1 : The Boy and The Beast

This is just a chapter to explain the dynamic between Maikeru and Inosuke since I felt it came out of left field with no explanation. Case in point, I decided to make this chapter to explain their "mutual friendship" if you want to call it that. Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

It was the crack of dawn, and Maikeru walked alone. The harsh mountains showed no mercy but he didn't seem to mind all that much. After he had walked a considerable distance through the mountains, he begins to hear maniacal cackling in the distance. He keeps his guard up and continues walking.

Maikeru: I swear, if there's somehow a demon that has conquered the sun that's making all that noise... I'm in for a world of fun today!

As Maikeru continued to walk through the mountains, the cackling and yelling grew louder and louder. almost like it was following him.

???: I don't know where you went fancy sword guy, but when I find you! You're dead meat, you hear me!?

Maikeru: Who's he talking about? I know it can't be me. Someone must've had some real guts to piss this guy off...

The sounds have gotten so close to Maikeru that they almost seem to be right on top of him.

???: Nghaa!! You there! Was it you! Are you that guy from earlier!? No you can't be, he didn't have a pointy stick.

Maikeru: Oh what the hell!? Hey listen, I've got no clue who you're lookin' for but i'm not keen on fighting you unless that's what you want!? Then I'm more than happy to oblige!

???: Oh yeah!? You'll never beat me! Wanna know why!?

Maikeru: Uhh... Yeah I gue-

Inosuke: Because I'm the unbeatable Inosuke Hashibira, King of The Mountains! That automatically makes me superior to you!

Maikeru gives him a sharp glare which makes Inosuke stutter in fear for a moment.

Inosuke: Woah... What the hell changed with this guy?

Maikeru: C'mon now! Don't be shy! Fight me!

Inosuke and Maikeru throw themselves at each other while rapidly exchanging blows from their weapons. Maikeru being semi-careful as to not fatally wound Inosuke. (Not that he cares all that much)

Inosuke grows a fatigued expression after a short time in combat. Maikeru remains unshaken.

Inosuke: *heavy panting* Hey! What the hell!? Why are you as strong as me? You should be quaking in your boots!

Maikeru: Well to put it as harshly as I can. I've fought elderly people at the market over produce that put up a better fight than you!

Inosuke: What did you just say!

Maikeru begins to play with ideas in his head to make the fight a bit more fun for himself.

Maikeru: Y'know what!? Lets make this a bit more interesting, huh?

Maikeru spikes his weapon into the ground beside him and puts his hands up in a combat ready pose.

Inosuke: Oh so you want to die huh!? Fine then, be my guest!

With swords in hand, Inosuke charges at Maikeru once again. Maikeru begins to measure the speed at which his opponent is closing distance between them.

Inosuke and Maikeru: Gotcha!

Inosuke brings his swords down towards Maikeru in a swift and aggressive motion. Maikeru couldn't have had a wider grin on his face as he effortlessly dodged both blades and punched Inosuke in the stomach so hard that it sent him flying back a few feet.