Prologue 1 - Chapter 0 : Too Late To Say Goodbye

The main focus of this chapter is to highlight the backstory of Tsujihara Kamado and his whereabouts before and during the murder of his and Tanjiro's family. It will also serve as a show of strength for the character. And I feel like this should go without saying but MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

The scene sets with Tsujihara kneeling before Ubuyashiki, current head of the Demon Slayer Corps to receive the location of the demon he is being sent to hunt.

Ubayashiki: Tsujihara I trust that you understand the situation that I'm sending you to.

Tsujihara: I understand why you're sending me and who will be waiting for me when I get there. This is a bit personal.

Ubuyashiki: Then there is no time for you to waste. Go now.

Tsujihara stands up, bows, and leaves at a very swift pace.

___________________________________________________________

Tsujihara begins sprinting at an incredible pace to reach his destination while completely ignoring the harsh weather conditions of the snowy mountaintops.

Tsujihara: I'm almost there. Hopefully I'm not too late to save them.

The fast steps of his feet on the snow covered ground are halted immediately when he sees the horror of what had already happened. He was too late. His family had been murdered in cold blood. However, the murderer was still at the scene waiting for Tsujihara.

Muzan: Ah another of the Kamado lineage and the one I had come here to finish off.

Tsujihara: You.... You killed everyone here just to get to me?!

Muzan: I came here to extinguish the sun breathing lineage, they are included in that line.

Tsujihara: *clears eyes* You're going to pay for this! And for everyone else that you have killed in your wake all because of your insatiable bloodlust.

Before Muzan could even form a response, Tsujihara had already begun unleashing the full might of the sun breathing style.

Tsujihara: Sun breathing, fourth form-.

Muzan dodges a very fast but sloppy flaming slash and stabs Tsujihara in the heart. Or so he thought, right in front of his eyes he sees Tsujihara's body dissipate into a sort of mist.

Muzan: Where have you gone off to.

Tsujihara: -Fake rainbow.

Tsujihara appears behind Muzan and delivers one of his most powerful slashes he has ever delt, slicing Muzan's left arm completely off and slicing into his neck.

Tsujihara: I'M GOING TO BEHEAD YOU!! I'M GOING TO AVENGE EVERYONE YOU HAVE KILLED UP UNTIL THIS POINT! ALL THE SUFFERING AND PAIN YOU'VE CAUSED ENDS HERE AND NOW!

Hey, sorry for such a short chapter but I figure I should release something before the actual first chapter. Just as a bit of an appetizer I suppose so here you go and I hope you enjoy it at least a little bit.