Chapter 4 : The Tsuzumi Mansion

It's been a hot minute since I typed a chapter huh... Well here's one fresh off the keyboard for you to enjoy.

As Tanjiro and Sero are making their way to The Tsuzumi Mansion, they pass through a settlement and on the pathway Tanjiro and Sero spot a young man clad in a yellow haori with white accents crying and begging to a woman.

____________________________________________________

???: Please!

Tanjiro and Sero turn their attention to the man wailing to the lady who is clearly just trying to find a way to make him leave.

???: Please! Please! Please! Please marry me!

Sero and Tanjiro both turn to each other with a look of confusion on their faces.

Sero: Some people huh?

Tanjiro: I should intervene, sit tight I'll be right back.

???: I could meet my demise at any time, y'know! That's why I want you to marry me! Please! I'm begging you!

The woman begins trying to pry the boy off of her but is unsuccessful.

???: Please help me! Please marry me! I'm beg--

The boy was forcefully ripped from the woman by the collar of his haori by Tanjiro who immediately began to scold him.

Tanjiro: What do you think you're doing in the middle of the road? Can't you see that she wants no part of you?

Tanjiro drops the boy a safe distance from the woman who now seems relieved to be away from him.

Tanjiro: All right, I've taken care of this issue.

Woman: Yes, thank you very much!

???: Hey! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love w--

The boy was abruptly cut off by a very harsh slap straight to his face by the woman. Tanjiro swiftly holds the woman back as to prevent her from slapping the boy senseless.

Tanjiro: P-Please, calm down!

The boy begins to cry and wail even louder than before.

Woman: When did I ever say I'm in love with you? You were crumpled up on the side of the road and looked ill! All I did was call out to you!

The boy in yellow is completely taken aback by that statement.

???: You mean you didn't reach out to me out of love because you were worried?

The woman turns and runs off without giving the boy a chance to pursue.

???: W-Wait, come back!

Sero walks up to Tanjiro and commends him for how he handled the situation.

???: Oh and who are you! You know what, never mind I don't care right now. But you on the other hand! *Points to Tanjiro* What's your problem, why'd you get in my way?! This has nothing to do with you.

Tanjiro and Sero both look at the boy with a look of both confusion and disgust.

???: What's with that look on your face? Stop that! Why are you staring at me like I'm a creature or something?! Hey, wait a minute! You're responsible for it! since it's your fault that I missed out on getting married!

Tanjiro looks even more disgusted while Sero looks even more confused at how such a pathetic being is still alive.

???: Jeez, say something! Listen up! I'm going to die soon! During my next job! The thing is, I'm terribly weak, okay?! I'm not kidding! You gotta protect me until I manage to get married, alright?!