15: Reunion And Interruption

(first of all, was the 'it wasn't the coffee in the end' a shit plottwist to do or did i just write it horrible? i've been seeing so many videos explaining that the little miracle sound that was heard the moment it was given to azi was actually crowley testing the coffee, i just felt like writing that it WAS the coffee was shitty. but i fear i just fucked it up even more now? did i? i mean, i could just reverse it again. or rewrite it.)
- - -

Crowley & Aziraphale:

The longer he thought about it, and believe me, he thought long, the more it made sense to Aziraphale.

He hadn't actually been controlled by the Metatron, maybe it was just some defensive mechanism from his side, for him to be able to pin all the pain he caused Crowley on someone else then himself.

His relationship with Heaven... was not something unusual even among humans. Crowley pointed that out to him a dozen times already.

His relationships in and to Heaven had been... crumbly ever since Crowley fell, to the point of Armageddon, and took it's dead end after stopping Armageddon.

But that moment, when the Metatron just showed the slightest form of 'affection' towards him, he was fully convinced everything could take a turn for the better.

According to Crowley, and quite a few people in dysfunctional relationships to their parents, partners or whoever, it was the exact same thing. 'Intermittent positive Reinforcement', was the professional term.

Aziraphale sipped at his glass once again, disappointed when finding it empty, and even more disappointed when he found the remaining bottles empty.

But he didn't have too much time to think about all that, since he heard the bookshop bell ring.

'Well, I'm afraid we're most definitely closed.'

Saying that made Aziraphale even more surprised when he saw Crowley, who was stepping in front of him again.

'Angel, we have a really, really, enormous problem.'

                         -Hell, a few days ago-

Crowley closed the door behind him as he entered Shax' office. He was a bit surprised by the fact she hadn't seen, smelt or heard Aziraphale under his desk.

'Well, I s'ppouse you've made up your mind about what I have to do, now?', Crowley said as he turned around.

'Indeed I have. But I believe first I have to tell you some information.'

Crowley tapped his foot, keeping his hand on the door handle. 'Well?' He had anything but time right now.

'Your friend, or ex-friend is missing. Heaven and Hell are looking for him.', Shax said, expecting a grand reaction out of Crowley.

'Oh, wow. How surprising. So, my job?'

Shax was disappointed. 'Hm. Well, you just have to find him, observe him and figure out what he's doing.'

That got a reaction out of Crowley. 'Wha- Why?' He even stopped tapping his foot.

'You know him better than anyone. And you're angry with him, aren't you?'

'Well, yeah, but he is- I mean, was my friend for all this time.', he seemed to grow a bit nervous.

Shax sat down at her desk, occupying herself with paperwork. 'Would you rather have me send someone else?'

Crowley groaned silently. 'Fine.'

But just before he fully left the room, Shax called him in again. 'What else?'