"No!" the demon says a little too loudly. The moment he sees Magnus' shocked face, he takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself. "Magnus, no! I cannot let her go to hell, do you understand me?"

Again, his friend looks at Kyun carefully, and then a soft smile appears on his face.
"Changkyun, is there anything you wanna tell me?"

The demon always knew Magnus would have an explanation for all this. But he was too scared to face the truth. He still is, but this isn't about him. It's about Anya!

All these feelings and thoughts he didn't dare acknowledge crash down on him and he looks at his friend, his heart pounding in his chest, so scared of the warlock's reaction.

"I... I know this is crazy" Kyun begins. "Please don't laugh at me, I know it's absolutely impossible, okay? But I don't have any other explanation!" Magnus still looks at him with soft eyes as he nods, signaling Kyun to go on. "That...that night in the club, when this vampire attacked her and I drank her blood and she mine to save her life." Every word Kyun speaks feels like acid in his throat. "Magnus, is there even the slightest chance I bonded to her at that moment?"

The demon expected Magnus to roar with laughter, to call him crazy, to ask him if he's lost his mind. But his friend remains calm, his features soft.

"Why do you think that?" he asks and the absolute and utter calmness in his voice makes Kyun almost lose his sanity.

He gulps heavily. "Things are weird. My thoughts a weird, what's happening in my body is weird, I can't think—"

"Relax, buddy!" Magnus lays his hand on his friend's shoulder and he falls silent. "Step by step, okay? What exactly feels weird?"

Kyun doesn't even know where to start this list, doesn't even know how to begin. Gulping yet another time, he stares at his hands. "She's the only one I think of when it comes to my lust. When I left her after I got attacked, I couldn't breathe. Her feelings are so present to me, as if I feel them too. I feel happy when I'm with her. A type of happiness I haven't felt in a long time. Not the kind of happiness I feel when I kill someone or see someone's soul entering hell but genuine happiness. I can see beauty!" His voice shakes. "I see flowers and find them pretty and when I look at her, all I can think of is that she's without a doubt the most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes on. Magnus..." He lifts his head. "These are all signs of bonding, but this can't be true, right? It's absolutely impossible to bond to a human! There has to be another explanation!"

At this point he only wants the warlock to confirm this to him, so he can move on and find out what all this really means. That hell is trying to play tricks on him. That this is Lucifer torturing him somehow to lure him onto his side.

But Magnus' eyes begin to spark and an unreadable expression appears on his face.
"It's not impossible, Changkyun. Just extremely rare..."

Kyun freezes.

No.

No, he refuses to accept this.

Shaking his head vehemently, he stares at his friend in terror. "It's impossible! Magnus. Who am I that allows me to bond to a human! How in hell could that happen?"

Magnus sighs deeply before he turns, pours some whiskey into a glass, and passes it to him. "You'll need this!"

Without hesitation Kyun downs the drink in a few big gulps, ready to get hammered to forget all this, to forget the fact that he, a demon, a tortured soul, bonded himself to Anya, a human.

The second Kyun lowers his empty glass, his friend refills it, and leaves the open bottle on the table.

"Changkyun, it's absolutely crazy to me that you're so powerful, that you have so much influence in the underworld, are so damn strong, and still you sit here like a toddler not knowing a thing about your own culture!"