𝟎𝟏𝟓. tom marvolo riddle

━━━━━━ CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

━━━━━━

that night, evelyn was eager to find out more about riddle's diary before harry had taken it back from her.

something she had noticed was that, when lockhart's cupid dwarf was attacking harry, his bag ripped. ink had went everywhere, and soaked all his books. but when evelyn touched the diary, she immediately she saw that it was clean.

she rushed to her dormitory after dinner that night, not the library, in risk of seeing someone that would question her for having the diary. she put the diary on her bed and flipped through the pages, all of which were empty. then, she grabbed a bottle of ink and tilted it so a puddle of it sat on the paper.

for a second, it rested on the page, but it then vanished. it was as if the ink was being sucked into the paper.  

"what the hell?" she muttered under her breath. hurriedly, she grabbed a quill. if the diary could take in ink, then surely it could take in words too. she dipped her quill in the bottle, but her heart nearly flung out of her chest when she heard the door of the dormitory creak open.

ginny walked in, looking very feeble. 

"hi, ev, what're you—"

her voice seemed to carry off at the sight of the diary. afterwards, nothing had left the girl's mouth except a high-pitched squeak.

"oh," evelyn said, noticing her attention on the diary. "i got this from harry, he found it a while back. we think it has something to do with the chamber of secrets."

ginny let in a flood of air, only for it to be followed by another squeak.

evelyn looked at her, clueless of what was going on, but she then remembered ginny's tendency to become extremely anxious when the chamber was mentioned. "oh, ginny! i'm so sorry, i'll stop talking."

"d—don't..." ginny pointed to the diary, her hand slightly shaking. "don't write in it, please..."

"gin," evelyn sighed. "we have to find out who's been doing this, and maybe this could—"

she was then interrupted by a knock of the door, in which ginny hurriedly went to answer. she opened the door to see hermione in the doorway.

"is evelyn here?"

"i'm here," evelyn called, getting up. "hi."

"hey," hermione then bit her lip. "uh... harry wants to know if you have riddle's diary?"

"i know she has it!" a very angry harry shouted from the bottom of the stairway. "tell her to give it back!"

evelyn let out a chuckle at his demand. "why can't he come get it himself?"

"well because—"

"boys can't come up the stairway to the girls dorms, smartass!" harry roared. "now, give me the diary!"

hermione gave her an apologetic look. "the diary, please?"

evelyn groaned loudly and went back into the dormitory to get riddle's diary. as she handed it to hermione, she yelled so her voice could travel down the staircase and back to harry,

"you're the worst!"

she heard harry scoff before screaming back, "thief!"

"crybaby!"