𝟎𝟎𝟔. the blueprint to mysticism

━━━━━━ CHAPTER SIX.

━━━━━━ 

october 31st, 1992

september and october had flew by, as if it wasn't even there. the six first-years spent their days keeping up with their work, thanks to ginny.

"ev, put your book down and finish your essay. lani quit playing your music so loud. carina, as much as i love your drawings you have to practice for transfiguration. benjamin, stop playing with your wand like that!"

"don't start on us!" benjamin placed his wand on the floor. "you've been watching the gryffindor team practice quidditch all night and you haven't even tried to look at your pile of homework."

ginny shifted guiltily. "well... that's completely not the point!"

"shouldn't we get going to dinner?" evelyn asked the group, trying to keep the subject off homework. she didn't want to think about the ridiculous essay snape assigned, she couldn't care less about it.

"can we skip?" lani groaned. "i don't want to get up."

"why are we even here?" carina asked them, looking around the library irritably.

"because, we all have different common rooms," ginny said bitterly. "this is the only way we can stay together."

"this sucks, we should find somewhere el—"

"hey guys?" rory appeared from the corner, walking towards them. "i think you should come see this."

they followed her to a bathroom that evelyn had personally never seen before. it had a 'out of order' sign on it, which they didn't pay attention to, and rory opened the door to let them in.

the best way to describe this bathroom was gloomy. there was a circle of chipped, stone sinks, each of them having a cracked mirror over them. the floor was damp and there were a few candles, giving off a dull light.

"woah," lani looked around. "how come no one's ever told me about this?"

"i didn't know about it," evelyn said while darting her head around the room.

"nor did i," benjamin said.

"me either," carina looked down at her reflection on the floor.

"well, no one comes in here anyway," ginny shrugged.

"you knew about this?" evelyn started on her. "and why not?"

"er—moaning myrtle." ginny said, avoiding the first question.

"who?"

"moaning myrtle," rory repeated.

benjamin gave the pair a confused look. "and who is moa—"

"i'm moaning myrtle!" a ghost screeched behind him as they all jumped.

"hullo, myrtle," rory said, dully. moaning myrtle's translucent grey body floated before them. she had brown hair that was in pigtails, and glasses on the nose of her pale face. 

"what are you doing here?" myrtle asked them. "this is my bathroom."

"we just came to show this lot around, myrtle. wonderful place you got, isn't it? now, leave us alone," ginny scornfully said as myrtle gave her a look.