𝟎𝟎𝟐. ginny, ginny weasley

━━━━━━ CHAPTER TWO.

━━━━━━ 

the group had gotten to king's cross, and found their way between platform nine and ten.

"er—so do we just run and it?" evelyn looked uneasily at the brick wall. she did it last year while seeing off harry, but she was still unsure. before anyone could answer, a couple voices came up behind them.

"harry?"

"harry!"

"oh, there you are!"

the voices of harry's three best friends had came up behind them, coming to greet harry after the long summer. ron weasley, hermione granger, and cynthia diggory. 

ron had red hair, as the rest of his family, and was tall for his age. he had freckles and wore a large grin on his face after the sight of his best friend. 

hermione was a bushy-haired girl with large front teeth. her hair was brown and she had somewhat of a bossy voice, she had a rather sweet smile though.

finally there was cindy. she had dark brown hair that was a bit like lani's, although hers was shorter and thicker. her eyes were bright and loving, and she constantly smelled of vanilla.

"don't play the 'i missed you' game with me! you lot knew you could've come over anytime you wanted," harry glared at them, holding back a smile.

"well we—" hermione started.

"wanted to? i doubt that."

"we did mate, really. you just didn't answer your bloody letters from us," ron said, almost angrily, but he was still grinning at him.

"letters? i didn't get any letters."

"we've been sending letters since june, harry," cindy said, giving him a confused look. "anyway it doesn't matter anymore, we're all back together again, aren't we?"

"yeah, i guess so," harry nodded slowly, still confused. "say ron, isn't your little sister coming this year?" 

"yeah," ron turned around, looking around king's cross. "oi ginny!"

ginny, who had been with the rest of their family, gave him an annoyed look before walking towards them. all of the weasleys had red hair and freckles, like ron's. ginny was the only girl, and the youngest too. her hair was up to her shoulders and she was shorter then ron by, at least, four inches.

"i'm not a dog you know," ginny said angrily to ron. "you can't just call me over like one."

"whatever," ron turned back to his friends. "this is ginny,"

"yeah," cindy smirked and ruffled ginny's hair. "she's my food provider." 

cynthia was quite close with the weasleys. her mother had passed away when she was eight, and her father was never the brightest. ever since, her and her older brother, cedric, would visit the burrow constantly.

ginny sighed, but gave cindy a smile. "are we going to—"

"go yet? that's what I've been saying," a voice said behind them. they turned around, it was evelyn.

"hi," ginny gave her a friendly smile and took out her hand for evelyn to shake. "ginny, ginny weasley."

"ev—"

"lani black, nice to meet you weasley," another voice said behind evelyn, which made her jump. leilani took out her hand and shook ginny's, who looked amused.

"pleasure, and you are?" she turned back to evelyn.

"you idiot," evelyn hit lani on the back of the head. lani let out a small "ow!" as ginny and evelyn shook hands.

"evelyn potter," she nodded.

"oooh!" ginny giggled and quickly answered evelyn and lani's questioning looks. "my uncles fabian and gideon went to hogwarts while your parents did. they would always tell my mum about james potter and sirius black! a lot of pranks they did, didn't they?"

"yeah," lani nodded, smirking. "that's our dads. if you have a problem with that then i doubt our relationship can go past this conversation."

ginny raised her eyebrows. "my older brothers throw in a couple pranks here and there. reckon i could give you tips, if anything."

"cool!" evelyn exclaimed. 

"you lot are going to miss the train! get going!"

everyone ran through the barrier, everyone except harry, ron, evelyn, lani, and ginny.

"you guys go ahead," ron nodded at them. "we'll go after you,"

the three eleven-year-olds ran through the boarder, and didn't crash. they kept on going and going, until they found the hogwarts express right in front of them.

lani and evelyn glared at the big, red train. "wicked!"

"come on you guys, it's about to leave!" lily pushed them forwards. quickly, they had all gotten onto the train and rushed to the first window.

evelyn looked at her family, her stomach suddenly sinking at the fact that, yeah, she's finally going to hogwarts

all her life, evelyn had been extremely family oriented. james and lily had tried to give them the best childhoods they could ever have (despite knowing that they were targets for the dark lord and they were inches away from death at one point), and it surely worked. evelyn, harry, lani, and sebastian grew up in loving and comforting households, their weeks ranging from group dinners to family vacations. that was partially the reason why she was so close to the three of them. they always knew they would be going to hogwarts, and year by year she stood at king's cross to see sebastian and harry off, watching them wave from their windows. now, she was on that side of the window, watching her parents, sirius, and remus see her off. her mother had cried after watching harry leave for hogwarts last year, evelyn wondered if she would cry for her too. she was her family's girl, and this was the first time she was going to be separated from them. 

sirius must have noticed her face falter, because he then gave the group an encouraging grin. he said something to the others, and all their attention was drawn to the window. remus offered them a bright smile and lily blew them a kiss. evelyn felt the train begin to move, but before budging she looked over at her father. james gave them a nod before winking at evelyn, causing her to chuckle tearfully as she watched them disappear.

"well," ginny finally turned to them. "would you like to get a compartment together?"

"yeah," lani nodded, clearing her throat and walking forwards. "yeah, alright," ginny and evelyn followed her. as evelyn walked behind ginny, passing other compartments, a thought flew through her head. 

did harry and ron ever make it past the barrier?

━━━━━━ 

b's notes

no girl!