Chapter 1: The Phone Call

Amy

Geeze living in a small apartment in New York City is tougher than it looks in the movies. And being a 21 year old girl working as a waitress at a restaurant on the other side of Time Central, you'd think that you'd get a pretty big salary, but the people in New York think the total opposite. My boss is such spoiled brat!! He would never give me enough money to even buy food, much less water bills and stuff! But I guess I'll just have to live with it. I was exhausted from the days work, one customer had asked me for a medium rare steak with a side of boiled broccoli. Then when I finally gave him his order (which it was exactly the way he wanted it) he asked for the manager and then accused me of poisoning the food! When the manager tasted the food,he said that nothing was the matter and banded the person from the restaurant. He then apologized about everything and gave me some money, just to be nice. I came home and changed into some comfy clothes. I plopped onto the couch and turned on the little tv to some news. I then heard my phone start ringing. When I saw who was calling me I immediately answered,"Rouge?!?! Is it really you?!" a voice from the phone answered, "Hi hun! Hows it going." "Great. Whats up?" she went quiet for a little then sighed and said,"It's Shady, he's, not doing so well. Do you think you give him a visit, he's pretty shaken up, and, well, I'm on vacation." wait did she just say Shady?!?! Shadow, just hearing his name made a shiver go down my spine. I hadn't seen him in forever, the last time I'd seen him I was 14 years old and he was leaving Earth for a G.U.N. mission. I didn't even get to say good-bye."Yeah, I'll give him a visit, where is he at?" I replied, did I really say that? He's a nice guy and all but still he's got that mysterious side to him. "Great! He's in Detroit, I'll send you the directions when you get there. Hey, do me a favor and tell him I said hello!" "Okay Rouge I'll get on the earliest plane to Detroit." "Okay, bye hun!" "Bye Rouge!" I hung up the phone and immediately went to my bedroom to back a bag to Detroit. I hate to say it but I'm kinda excited that I'm going to see him.