Chapter 23: Hear Me Out

There is no "perfect" relationship. Regular couples argue and fight but true couples hear each other out. So just listen.
__________________________
Neveah's POV

  The next morning I woke up to Hakeem whispering against my huge belly. I didn't want him to know I was listening so I just kept my eyes closed.

  "Hello my beautiful princess. I can not wait till you're here. I hope our treating your mommy well and sharing your food," he says.

  In response she began moving and I hissed because she was sitting right on top of my bladder. Opening my eyes, I locked eyes with him.

  "Good morning."

  "Good afternoon babyface," he chuckles. "You've slept through the morning. It's 12:35 right now."

   "Omg! Hakeem you know I don't like sleeping in late!" I hissed as I got up. "Fuck."

  "You aii? What's hurting?" 

   He jumped and walked over to my side placing his hand on my back easing me back down onto the bed.

  "Take it easy. The day not going anywhere." He reassured me. "What would you like to eat? I could cook or we could order something."

  Busting into the room Nova jumped on my couch.

    "Well for the record I would like a chipotle burrito bowl," She smiled.

  "Girl bye you old enough to buy your own shit. I'm talking my girl and baby," Hakeem grumbled. "Now get out."

  "Nah I think I'll stay right here," Nova teased.

He was gonna get up from but I grabbed his hand which made him look at me. I shook my head 'no'.

"Actually Nova I would love for you to go to the store for me. I am lowkey craving some pineapple aloe juice and a snickers."

"Aww hell naw. Nope. I'm gone," she objected. "Outside type chilly and I am not bout to go out there in the same outfit I came in with last night."

"Girl bye. I got clothes in a box in my closet that I was gonna give to you a long time ago I just forgot about it until just now. Go find something in there and go get the stuff please. You don't have to do it for me, but at least do it for your niece!" I begged. "Please!"

"Ughhh fine. Just know Keem is buying me food when I come back!"

"Wait what?!" Keem asks confused. "I said I wasn't buying you shit."

"Well I guess I ain't going to the store for Neveah then," She mocks in the same tone. "I'll go shower and go hang out with my man."

Hakeem and I looked at each other but didn't say anything.

"Ughh fine fine. Go to the store for her and I'll wait till you come back to order all of us food," he sighed.

"See that's all you had to say!" She cheered. "Let me go change and I'll be right back!"

She dashed out the room and down the hallway singing.

"She sound like a dying walrus," He joked.

I hit him and he withdrew his hand from near me.

"Damn girl you hits sting!"

"Well then don't talk about my friend like that even if she sounded like a dying walrus while she sing," I clapped back.

He gave me a side eye and continued doing whatever he was doing on his phone.

Slowly getting up I decided that I'm gonna take a shower now. A nice hot shower.