one

Not The End

TYLER DOWN WAS braver than most

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

TYLER DOWN WAS braver than most. When he went into court for the Hannah Baker case against the school, she knew that he'd tell the truth. At least his truth. Natalia wasn't so sure she could do that given all of the circumstances surrounding all of this. What if they couldn't beat the school? What if all of their most protected secrets are put on the line?

Natalia knew her deposition wouldn't be the last of all of this. She was a lot smarter than she let everybody know. This could easily work out in the schools favor because what come with being Hannah's bestfriend, comes secrets she was ashamed of.

There were secrets that all of them were holding back. Natalia herself has yet to share half of them.

A lot of things have changed in the past five months. Clay had gotten himself a girlfriend, Alex is recovering from his failed suicide attempt, Justin is gone, and Jessica grew oddly close to Natalia.

Things have been changing. Natalia was teenager, so most of that change as brought on by herself. She got herself brown lowlights on her blonde hair and she decided to go back to ballet class after two years. She was extremely rusty, but it took up space in her mind.

The world seemed to get harder as time went on. People testifying didn't help whatsoever. Would Hannah have liked the way everything is turning out? The chance for justice made Natalia think yes, but even then, she wasn't so sure.

Natalia was hanging out with Jessica Davis more than she had to. She used to before just to make Justin happy, but now she did it because a piece of him will always be there when she see Jessica's face.

So, when true first day of the trial came, Natalia was there for Jessica. She knew that information would bubble to the surface and she knew how damaging it will be. Especially since it would be her first day back.

Natalia sat in the car a moment. The first day of the trial. The first day of the truth coming out. She was nervous, but she didn't show it. All her mother knew was that she was tired from a late practice.

"Are you ready, Talia?" Her mother asked, her face crinkling with a smile. Natalia smiled back, mostly because of the nickname.

"Yeah. I'm tired and I think I bruised my tailbone," Natalia replied, grabbing the iced coffee from the cup holder. "Bye, love you."

"Bye, baby." Her mom beamed as she watched her daughter get out of the car.

The girl made her way to the school. People didn't seem to pay any mind. It was probably because Alex and Jessica were the talk of the school, and not in the best way. It was their first day back after all of these things happened, of course there was talk at Liberty.

The halls were bustling and people pushed while talking about stupid shit that wouldn't matter in years. It was the same old shit.

Jessica waved Natalia down and she was quick to run over. Natalia gripped Jess and hugged her.