𝘰𝘯𝘦

Miss Them When They're Dead

NATALIA BEXLEY DIDN'T believe the news at first

NATALIA BEXLEY DIDN'T believe the news at first. Her mind rejected any thought that involved her best friend being dead. When the news finally set in, she had been destroyed. She locked herself in her bedroom and hid under the covers like a child. In her mind, hiding away was like an escape.

The day Natalia arrived back at school people had bombarded her with questions and hugs. She tried to avoid the situation as much as possible. She tried to avoid reality, but being someone this close to Hannah was an invitation for people to ask about her.

A couple of days later and all of the questions stopped. Kids hung notes up and a picture on her locker. Natalia didn't take any part in that. She kind of just avoided that area of the school as best as possible. 

Natalia knew shit was going down within a small number of students at school. She knew because she was tape one. It was only a moment of time before her best friend knew what she did.

Every person was flawed. Natalia was too. It made her sad that she had made Hannah's decision a little easier. It killed her inside that she was just another reason for Hannah to commit suicide.

When Clay Jensen gets those tapes, Natalia won't be sure what his response will be. He was a loose cannon while angry and he proved that time and time again.

"Bex." A familiar voice boomed from the behind her. She turned around, annoyed. Justin Foley had only stood there as she swiveled around.

"What?" Natalia asked, clutching the strap of her backpack. She saw kids eyeing them curiously given the scene they witnessed just weeks ago.

"He had them." Justin whispered and the girl before her pursed her lips.

"Then he has them. It's all the truth anyways. I didn't hear a single lie, and neither did you. Right?" Natalia said and Justin tensed up as the girl walked away from him.

EVERYONE WAS SCARED of what Natalia Bexley might do. Not only was Clay Jensen a loose cannon, but Natalia too. Those two paired up could ruin everything, so everyone on the tapes have teamed up to keep that from happening.

Natalia walked the halls in search of one person. He was the only person who truly got her beside Hannah, but now she wasn't an option. Clay would do.

She silently crept up on him, knowing he'd notice her presence. He did in seconds. He relaxed his shoulders as his eyes met hers. She was like an oasis. All of the school talked about Hannah. The teachers even talked about suicide prevention. It was hell.

"Another shitty day added to the roster." Natalia joked and Clay shrugged. "I've been missing you, Jensen."

"Why is everyone acting weird today?" Clay asked, ignoring Natalia.