𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐨 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Start from the beginning

Hera looked up as Senators Palpatine and Loveperk as well as Captain Panaka came in with excited smiles. They bowed to the two girls as Padme turned and Hera walked to stand next to Padme.

"Your Highness?" Captain Panaka called as he walked in. "Your Highnesses, Senator Palpatine has been nominated to succeed Valorum as Supreme Chancellor."

"A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Your Majesties, if I am elected, I promise to put an end to corruption." Senator Palpatine said with a smirk.

"Who else has been nominated?" Hera asked.

"Bail Antilles of Alderaan and Aimee Teem of Malastare." Captain Panaka told the youngest girl.

"I feel confident... our 'situation' will create a strong sympathy vote for us..." Senator Palpatine said as he sat down on the couch. "I will be Chancellor."

"I fear by the time you have control of the bureaucrats, Senator, there will be nothing left of our people, our way of life." Padme said as she walked away from Hera and towards the desk as she turned away from Senator Palpatine.

"I understand your concern, Your Majesty; unfortunately, the Federation has possession of our planet." Senator Palpatine said, and Senator Loveperk nodded her head a bit.

"Senator, this is your arena. I feel I must return to mine. I've decided to go back to Naboo, and for Hera to accompany me." Padme said as she turned to the two Senators, Captain, and Princess.

"Go back! But, Your Majesty, be realistic! They'll force you to sign the treaty." Senator Palpatine exclaimed as he stood up as Padme and Hera began walking away and towards the exit.

Hera whipped around in anger as she turned to the two Senators who stood side by side.

"She will sign no treaty, Senator. Our fate will be no different from that of your people." Hera said with slight anger.

"Captain!" Padme called and the Captain straightened up form being called.

"Your Highness?" Captain Panaka said as he stepped forward.

"Ready my ship!" Padme said fiercely as she pulled Hera towards the exit and Sabe and Eirtae followed them out.

Captain Panaka walked out.

"Please, Your Majesties, stay here... where it's safe." Senator Palpatine said desperately, causing Padme and Hera to turn.

Sabe and Eirtae stood on either side of the door as they waited for their queen.

"It is clear to me now that the Republic no longer functions. I pray you will bring sanity and compassion back to the Senate." Padme told Senator Palpatine, as well as Senator Loveperk.

Padme and Hera turned as they walked out with the two handmaidens following them.

~~~

Later that night, Padme and Hera were both able to change. Hera changed into her white wrapped Jedi clothes with her cream colored robe and cream boots. She paired it with her white utility belt that held her lightsaber and swung on her hip. Her blonde hair was styled into a elegant top bun.