pity | p.p.

Mulai dari awal

and now she had an idea.

how would she make someone not pity her? she would make them mad instead. and that's exactly what she would do.

starting with peter.

y/n pushed her locker shut, pissed at life. she walked to the truck that once belonged to uncle ben. once she got in she deliberately slammed it shut. sorry, uncle ben, she thought. peter winced, clearly trying to make nothing of it.

pity.

what else could she do make him mad? how far could she go? how far was she willing to go?

...aux? aux!

y/n smirked, plugging her phone in and scrolling through the options.

miley. peter hated miley cyrus. what song was his least favorite?

this one. definitely this one.

i hopped off the plane at lax

with a dream and my cardigan

welcome to the land of fame excess

she leaned back with a smile, which quickly dropped when he did nothing but let out a breath. she was good at this, she was good at being annoying. y/n was his best friend, she knew all of his ticks. why wasn't this working? why wasn't her plan working?

he was humming along. why the hell was he humming along?

and then she realized. he was trying to make her happy. how wholesome was that? wait, no. focus. after a car ride she deemed too long, mostly because it consisted of so much miley, they finally got home. well, technically, peter's home. but it was just as much hers as it was his. after all, she was in most of the photos that were hung up around the house. as she got out, she made sure to slam the door, as childish as that was. y/n smirked in satisfaction as she saw him frown.

y/n huffed and walked towards the door, waiting for peter to unlock it. he moved past her and did so, shutting the door behind him.

"hi, peter? how was school?" aunt may asked, putting away some dishes. "oh, y/n, hello to you, too!"

"hey, may. it was alright." he shrugged.

"would you guys like something to eat?"

"no," she responded quickly, already starting on the stairs.

"ohhh-kay. i guess not. we'll be upstairs working on a project," peter huffed.

"of course," may said, raising an eyebrow.

when he got up there, she was sitting on the bed, scrolling mindlessly on tiktok. peter sat down in the swivel chair, pulling out his notebook and laptop.

"i already did the first three chapters, did you do the last two?"

"nope," she she said, popping the 'p' as she didn't bother to look up.

"uh, i- okay. that's- that is completely, totally fine. we can do it right now, real quick, and then we can start with the-"

"nah. not really in the mood. you got it, right? i mean, you aren't smart for nothing."