✯ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," she assured, pressing a hand behind her to push herself forward. "I'll feel better after lunch. And by the way, if we are friends, I'd prefer it if you called me by my first name."

He rolled his eyes and stepped away, but said anyway, "Feel better soon, Daisy."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"You okay?" Anika's concerned voice floated through her ears. "You usually love the chocolate dessert, and you've barely touched your food!"

"I'm okay, Anika," Daisy whispered, massaging her temples. "I think maybe I'm getting a little sick, I don't know."

Her friends continued speaking to each other, letting Daisy have some silence in order to relax. She looked around the Great Hall, trying to look for a certain peculiar girl. She had completely forgotten about her meeting with Lili from Hogsmeade. Surely she must be here somewhere in the great hall. 

She hadn't even told her friends about the strange witch yet, not until she figured out whether Lili was worth mentioning. 

"Guys, I have to tell you something," she spoke up, wanting to get their opinion on her strange encounter. 

"Wait, first I have to tell you guys something," Gabriela interrupted. "Sorry to cut in, but I must say it now otherwise I won't have the courage later."

"Go on," Anika encouraged kindly.  

"I've been having...er...feelings," Gabriela began, her face beginning to blossom a lovely shade of red. "Feelings that may or may not be... sinful."

"Oh Gab," Daisy let out a small laugh. "Please don't tell me you've fallen in love with another member of Tom Riddle's gang. You're always so dramatic about them."

"Please don't say it's Sebastian," Anika gagged. "Even I think he's down-right rotten, and I believe that everyone has good in them."

"It's not any one of them!" Gabriela snapped impatiently. "And you'd never guess who it is."

"You haven't fallen in love with an animal or something?" Daisy grinned, finding effort to remain humorous due to how she felt. "That's called zoophilia, you know."

"Ew!" Gabriela screeched. "NO! You know what? I'm not going to tell you guys anymore!"

"Gosh, I'm sorry Gab. I was only teasing you," Daisy held up her hands in mock surrender. "Okay, I'm ready now."

"I don't think I am," the brunette decided. "What was it you wanted to say, Daisy?"

The blonde was about to reply, but went blank. She racked her brain for what she wanted to tell them. She could have sworn it was something important, but every time she thought she remembered what it was, it slipped between her fingers like sand. 

"Can't remember," she eventually shrugged. "It'll come to me eventually."

Another pounding slash of pain rang through her head, and she furiously gulped another class of water down. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Anika was on her way to the Greenhouses, her secret spot to meet Julian in their shared free periods. They had been meeting here for the past month, and the giddy feeling in the Indian witch's stomach had still not subsided as she pounded down the cold steps. 

Some over-eager and obsessed Herbology students were the only ones who ever came into the Greenhouses, and the couple had been lucky not to run into any of them. 

Mostly, Anika and Julian would share stories about their assignments, teachers, and other random situations they had experienced that day. Since they only had 2 classes together, they had much to tell each other.