✯ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

Start from the beginning

"Maybe another time. When you're ready," Cora decided, a knowing glint in her eyes. 

Gabriela didn't understand what she meant, but moved on, not wanting to seem overly obsessed. The girls continued chatting, all the while the Slytherin convinced herself that everything was the same. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Daisy groaned and banged her head on her desk for the 4th time during the Potions class. Tom, who was sitting next to her looked at her sharply. 

"Can you cease doing that?" he asked irritably. "Not only is it annoying, but you look quite unintelligent."

"Always the charmer," she mumbled under her breath, but did not slap her forehead down a 5th time. 

"Can you please focus!" he snapped after more seconds had gone by. "I would like not to be the last pair to finish brewing this."

"I'm sorry, I just have a really bad headache," she explained, closing her eyes in hopes of blocking the pain. 

A water bottle was roughly placed in front of her immediately, Tom giving it to her begrudgingly. She looked at him in surprise and took the bottle from him. She tried to ignore how he re-adjusted his hand lightning fast so that there would be no contact between them. 

"Aren't you being weirdly nice," she commented, after she had let the water fall past her lips waterfall-style. 

"Isn't that what friends do?" Tom hummed calmly. 

"Friends, huh?"

"If I recall correctly Ms. Kennedy, you are the one who practically begged me to become your friend again. I'm only adhering in your wishes," Tom said snidely. 

"Please. We all know it's you who wants this more," Daisy scoffed, easily falling back into their old banter. "I practically have two eyeholes in the back of my dress from you staring at me the whole dance."

"I wasn't staring at you," Tom snapped, annoyed that she had been aware of it. "And if I was, it was only because you worse an eyesore of a dress. Honestly, red at a winter ball?"

"If I recall correctly," she mimicked him. "You told me once that red was your favourite colour. Along with black of course."

"Oh, so you dressed for me?" he smirked at her, surveying as a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. 

"You wish."

They fell into a comfortable silence, brewing the potion together with perfect co-ordination. By the end of the class, they had once again received a vigorous applause from Professor Slughorn, him commenting it was the best work he's ever seen!

Daisy trudged out of the classroom, her eyelids drooping with the pressure in her head. She had been feeling quite dreadful these past few days and didn't know why. She stepped out of the stream of students and leaned against on one of the corridor walls, touching her head back on the cold stone. 

Seconds later she felt a hand on her elbow, her startled eyes snapping open. Two onyx-coloured eyes gazed right back at her. Her eyes flicked down further, to the fine nose and the strong jaw, and then to the full lips. They swam in front of her vision in a dizzying manner, and a groan escaped her lips. 

"Are you alright?" his velvety voice asked, his neck bent down to be at her eye-level. "Shall I escort you to the hospital wing?"

"Wow, you're really taking this friend thing seriously," she croaked, flashing him a weak smile. 

"Slughorn said that I can't pass the project without my partner. It won't be academically beneficial to me if you are absent from class, no matter how much happier I'd be," he drawled, but even he knew it wasn't convincing.