Chapter 47

Chapter 47

There was a little pause before he asked, "I can?" He spoke slowly as he still seemed to be unsure even after I told him to have it.

"No, I can't." He shook his head and looked away, changing his thoughts and killing the hunger within himself.

"Why not?"

"I can't hurt you."

"You're not hurting me," I shook my head. "I want you to have it." I whispered, leaning closer to him and resting my free hand over his shoulder.

He had resisted it yet again which meant he had the control but I couldn't leave him without fulfilling the need his eyes that continued to grow as every second passed by.

With his gaze on mine, he pulled my hand closer to his mouth and then ran his tongue, tasting my blood at last. Watching him do it was enticing and terrifying at the same time. Suddenly, a heat grew between us. He pressed my palm harder against his lips and continued drinking my blood for a long minute.

His eyes were wide open and on me. The hunger disappeared. My lips parted and I almost gasped at the itching sensation in my hand. It wasn't as awful I had thought. I imagined him sinking his teeth into my flesh and biting me hard.

As the discomfort rose, Wayne noticed it and he pulled his mouth away from my palm. I swallowed hard and took my hand away.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"No," I shook my head and placed myself over his lap as my arms wrapped around his neck. Leaning in close, I said, "It's not your fault. I wanted you to have it."

"I should've controlled myself." He said, guilt growing in his voice with every second.

I placed my hands against his face and glanced into his soft eyes, "No. You don't need to control yourself around me—with me. I'm your mate, Wayne."

"Does that mean you are not scared of me?"

My muscles tightened as I was taken back by the question. I opened my mouth to find the words but I barely could form anything. "I—I don't know," I shrugged. "I am but I don't want to be. I have known you for a long time, I've seen you since I was a child, and we had slept in the same bed. I know you wouldn't hurt me so I don't want to hold fear for it, not anymore."

The corners of his mouth curled into a smile and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me just a little closer to himself and holding me tighter. I sat over him, a little shaken and overwhelmed but the feeling was going to pass away soon.

I knew it.

This could work out.

He buried his head in my neck and placed a couple of kisses across it before his lips rested against my ear. "Don't be so sure. I might kill you one night." He said, chuckling evilly.

My jaw hung before I formed a fist and slammed it against his chest. "Don't be like that!" I exclaimed before jumping off his lap and returning back to the reality, the reality of figuring out who was in the possession of the poison. I looked back at Wayne once more who had began laughing a bit too loud. "Trust me, I'll kill you before you even have the chance to."

"You don't know about the strength I have." He rolled his chair immediately and inched closer.

"I don't care," I rolled my eyes at him as my hand returned my waist. "You would die anyways."

He pressed his head against my stomach, laughing and I grabbed onto his hair tight until he didn't stop. It lasted for only a minute before he moved aside and we returned all our attention to my mother and finding the poison.

"So, I think so we could call in a few people. We cannot figure this out on our own. I have a personal relation with my Mom, I can track her but then I would have different thoughts about it all and you, you were in a terrible time during when this all happened," I rolled my hand over the papers still lying idle on the desk. "We are too close to this. We need another eye."

"Who do you suggest?" Wayne asked.

"Who do you trust in your pack?"

"Magnus." He replied quickly.

My thoughts rushed at the name of Magnus. "The dealer of the rogues?" I rose my brow at him, completely confused. "Is there no one else?"

"No. I only trust him." He stood on his words.

It had been a while since I had seen Magnus around here. He was the dealer of the rogues when I was here and because of him, Wayne learned about the rogues being killed and the venom from their teeth being taken. He had been quite helpful and saved me a couple of times as well.

"Fine. You can call him in," I folded my arms across my chest and continued, "I'm going to call my assistant."

"Allison?" Wayne's eyes widened as if he had heard something terrible.

"Yes. She's helpful. She helped me at the party to figure out who was who. It's fine," I sighed and then waved my hand in the air. "It was just a kiss—a mistake and I have moved on from it. Plus, she's going to be jealous when she sees me with you and I would love that the most." I flickered my lashes and then headed over to the table to grab my phone and call her.

"Women." He breathed out heavily.

"Woman." I corrected him while pointing a finger at myself. I didn't want to be compared with anyone else.

As I got on phone with Allison, he got on phone with Magnus and we began gathering fresh pairs of eyes for the chaos my mother had created.

Read the full book on Patreon or Inkitt. www.patreon.com/miakerr www.inkitt.com/miakerr