Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The lunch meeting lasted for another long hour. I didn't keep track of the time as I engulfed in hearing the chatters between strong, powerful Alpha's. It was the first time I had been in a place packed with Alpha's. As the Omega around here, they could all smell me yet, for the first time, I didn't feel weak.

It was different this time.

The meeting was concluded soon and the Alpha's began leaving. They began dividing, and parting ways, entering their own vehicles and soon taking the highway out of the town.

So many thoughts swirled around in my head. What were they doing here? I knew for certain one of them was helping Wayne with the poison but the others. What were they here for?

"Did you find out if any of them has the poison?" I asked, hands inside my pocket while I stood outside, under the cold, chilling air and watched the skies change colors and the Alpha's leave the town.

The gates of the house were widely opened, showing the paved roads outside. The sun, nearly setting, shone it's golden light onto the road and the several trees surrounding the house.

If Wayne had let me leave, I would've probably found my mother by now, caught her and questioned her. In a couple of days, I would've all the answers and I would've returned back.

But he was too afraid to let me leave.

"I can't tell. They all rule packs nearby. Your mother could've sold the poison to anyone." Wayne shrugged, his shoulders stiff as he stood beside me, our bodies nearly touching.

I turned around and walked into the house along with him as the doors behind began closing. "You didn't have anything to eat." I said, my voice full of worry.

I had watched everyone hog onto the food Nora had prepared except for Wayne. He didn't dare to touch any of it, not even when I offered him some from my own plate. The hunger in his eyes was different and I understood that it couldn't be fulfilled with food.

"I'm not hungry." He murmured under his breath.

I turned to leave him alone with his business since he had his attention over his phone than on me. Stopping halfway, I turned back to him, "Wayne..." I took a breath. "Let's go for a run."

He rose his head and cocked a brow at me. "At this time?"

"Yes. It's a beautiful sunset and we will be able to see it better from the hills." I replied with a cheerful smile, hoping he would agree with me. "And you told me, your werewolf is dormant ever since—the poison—so it's a better chance for him to run with my wolf."

He gave me a minute of torturous silence before agreeing with me. "Okay. Let's go."

We took a bag along with us and walked a mile to the nearest trail of the forest. It grew darker as we slipped between the long trees that were kissing the golden skies. I took in a fresh breath of nature before we both found a private spot to strip and shift.

"I haven't done this in a while." I whispered, dropping my bag onto the ground.

"Why not?" Wayne asked. "I thought you were killing everyone in the city on your all fours." He raised his head at me.

I ran my tongue over my lips and imagined as if he hadn't just told me that. Barely, I ever shifted while I was in the city—just a few times, when I needed to run from people trying to kill me.

Wayne undressed himself quickly, before I even caught my breath. When he pulled down his briefs, I looked away and began undoing the buttons of my sweater. There was already too much in my head and I didn't want to feel the desires, especially when we couldn't have sex.

I removed the clothing off my body at first and then began removing my undies, starting with my bra. Just as I freed my breasts, my nipples hardened under the cold and I took in a sharp breath.

I had my back faced at Wayne so he couldn't see anything from the front. But when I bent over to remove my underwear from between my legs, I felt his presence standing right behind me.

I gasped and rolled my underwear between my hands as his body inched closer to mine. I felt his warm breath trailing down my neck and over my back while his fingers were reaching my body.

"You might be able to control it but I can't." I whispered, my tone heavy and full of desire.

He raced his finger across my lower back, an inch away from my ass before his mouth was against my ears. Breathing heavily, he replied, "I know you can't control it. That's why I enjoy teasing you." He lowered his mouth and placed a kiss over my shoulder. "I love watching you all weak and squirmy when those feelings rise. You have no idea how long I waited to see this body, to make it mine and now that it is mine, no one else will be able to enjoy it except for me."

"You can't." I clenched my teeth, holding in my own urges.

"Trust me, I can and I will. I don't care what kind of control I have bestow on myself but I will and the minute I do, I will fuck you, Clara. I'll break every bed you lay on, I will have you spread for myself, I'll touch you in places you're dying to be touched and I'll fuck you in positions you have never even imagined."

Heat wormed through my stomach as I inhaled his arousal and my own. I closed my legs together, holding the heat inside.

Stiffening my shoulders, I turned around and faced him. His eyes leveled with mine and something else leveled with my belly. It was hard. He was awake.

I swallowed hard and said, "I think we should shift before the sun goes down. There is no fun after that."

The corner of his lip slowly turned into a grin before he took a couple steps back while barefoot. His knees bent and he reached the ground. I stared at the tree behind him as he shifted and once he did, he rose on his all fours.

His wolf was midnight black with glowering red eyes as if they belonged to a devil once. His werewolf body was triple the size of him, larger than any other werewolf I had seen.

Alpha.

Rattling, he demanded for me to shift and I did. My wolf surged out and came to surface in a snap of a few seconds. She, just like me, had dirt blond hair and brown eyes. There wasn't much difference between my wolf and I. We both were almost the same, one was just a tad-bit bigger.

I took a glance around my surroundings, noticing the trees were longer and the sky was farther more away from me. Just before the run began, Wayne nudged at me, forcing me to go at first.

It was usual of an Alpha to lead pack wolves such as me but he didn't want to today.

'Are you sure? I haven't been in this forest in a while.' I spoke to him while I continued to look around. It had truly been a long time.

'It's okay. Take the trail you normally take toward the hills. We will go there and watch the sunset.' He replied, standing behind me.

I took in a quick breath before I began running. My paw pounded into the wet grounds as I paved my way through the forest, heading to the north where the hills were located. 

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr