★彡01|18 - "Fairy Godmother, I need to talk to you about something."彡★

Start bij het begin

"There's a big coronation coming up, I think sometime... after... that," Mal said uncertainly while Carlos glanced back at Y/n, who was doing her best to seem as if she wasn't interested in the conversation, for it felt like she was invading a private event.

"When?" Maleficent demanded.

"Friday, 10 a.m.," Mal answered obediently.

"You sure I can't see you before that?" Maleficent asked. "I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wan— You, you little nugget that I love so much."

Y/n raised a brow at the catch. For what it was worth, it seemed as if the villains' skills of lying had rusted up a bit.

"Yes, I completely understand, mother," Mal answered.

Cruella suddenly made her way to the front. "Carlos! Is that a dog?" She looked down at the stuffed toy hanging from her collar. "Yes, baby, I understand! It would make the perfect size for earmuffs!" She let out a maniacal laugh.

Y/n's stomach churned with discomfort.

"He's the perfect size for a pet!" Carlos stepped up, defending Dude. "This dog loves me and I love him and FYI — your dog is stuffed so give it a rest!"

Jay pulled Carlos back as Jafar laughed. "Oh, burn!"

"Oh why don't you go and sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman?!" Cruella snapped.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones!"

"People who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors!"

"Enough," Maleficent commanded and Jay took it upon himself to end the call.

Mal sighed.

"I'm so sorry," Fairy Godmother apologized, looking at the now dark TV.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay forced out.

Y/n walked forth, gaining everyone's attention. Despite her little fallout with the four, there was something else crippling in the back of her mind.

"Oh, yes, your mother should be waiting," Fairy Godmother realized, turning the TV on again.

The Isle kids retreated, giving Y/n space but not entirely leaving the classroom, as they hadn't yet been given permission to do so.

In a second, Merida's concerned blue eyes stared at Y/n through the screen. "Y/n! How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay, mom, but..." Y/n hesitated, glancing at everyone before she lowered her voice. "Do you remember the day when we had a visit from an old friend?" She bit her lip, hoping her mother would catch on without her having to reveal too much.

"Y/n, what..."

"When you told me love was the most powerful weapon?"

Merida's eyes widened in recognition and Y/n took it as her signal to continue.

"What did she talk about?"

"I'm sorry, Y/n, I thought I would have more time before I had to tell you."

"I found it myself," Y/n cut her mother off. "What does it mean?"

Merida shook her head slowly. "I can't be certain, Y/n, I haven't—"

"Your Majesty!"

Y/n's eyes widened at the urgency in the voice and the way Merida immediately spun away from the screen. "Mom?"

Merida turned to the screen again. "Y/n, I need you to listen to me."

Y/n nodded, her heart beating in her ears.

"Don't worry about me or whatever is going on here and focus on what you have to focus on."

"But, mom, can't I help somehow? Maybe I could get Asher to talk to Mad Hatter—"

"Mad Hatter doesn't rule Wonderland anymore, Y/n."

"What? Then who—" Y/n's words got caught in her throat. Her knees weakened in horror. The Red Queen.

"We'll be fine here, Y/n, it's just a bit complicated right now."

"But—"

"No buts," Merida cut her off, managing a smile. "Remember what I've told you and remember what you've found out."

Y/n bit her lip. "But if she fails, all will fall, fate will crack and tragedy will stand tall." She swallowed as she thought of the prophecy. "Mom—"

"You'll figure it out, as you always have, bairn."

Tears filled Y/n's eyes. "Mom..."

"Everything's under control here, Y/n. Everyone's safe."

"What about Ewan?"

Merida smiled at Y/n's concern for her brother. "He's happy."

Y/n nodded, happy that Ewan's innocence and view of the world wasn't endangered by Wonderland's situation.

"Your Majesty, the carriage must leave soon!"

"Y/n—"

"I love you, mom," Y/n blurted.

"Love you, too, bairn."

When Y/n looked behind her, the Isle kids were gone. When she directed her blurry gaze to the left, there was Fairy Godmother. She swallowed thickly. "Fairy Godmother, I need to talk to you about something."